Free Xoom Transfer Now! Code

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I just paid with my bank account to transfer USD:USD from USA to Philippines via Xoom.com for free with pickup in cash and NO EXCHANGE fee since I am picking up in dollars.  Then I can exchange at the better rate locally.  They also offered it for credit card payment.

Remember, if you tranfer to pickup or deposit pesos you will get a lower exchange rate.

july4free is the code to put in.

:dance: post-2377-0-53883700-1372869081_thumb.jp

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Worked like a charm, thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am told this code is good through the end of the month.  Save some money and buy me a beer! :cheers:

You also may like to know that when the withdrawal from my account failed Xoom simply locked the account and sent me an email... I told them it was straightened out at the bank via email (3 days later) and they resubmitted and took the freeze off the account with NO ADDED FEE. :thumbsup:

Edited by GregZ

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I am told this code is good through the end of the month. 

I tried to use it again the next day which was July 5th (4th in US) and it said "invalid code", maybe you can only use it once? I was curious how you found out about this, the xoom site says they don't use coupons.

GregZ
Posted
Posted
I tried to use it again the next day which was July 5th (4th in US) and it said "invalid code", maybe you can only use it once? I was curious how you found out about this, the xoom site says they don't use coupons.

Super bummer if that is the case! :SugarwareZ-034:  I was planning on doing it again before the end of the month. 

I read that same stuff on Xoom's site about no coupons, so was skeptical when I tried the first time.  I got it from a Filipina friend that lives in the USA; she got it in an online group that she belongs to.  I think the group is something to do with spouse/fiance visa issues.  She tells us that they get a new code every month shared there.  If she gets one for August I'll put it here, but only if you say you love me! :-kiss:  or buy me a beer.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
She tells us that they get a new code every month shared there.  If she gets one for August I'll put it here,

If you could put any codes that you get here that would be a great service to the members and certainly worth a few beers. Thanks again for the July one.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

AUGDEAL is the August code for Xoom

You can use it once only reportedly.... FREE transfer.

For maximum savings transfer in US dollars and pick up cash to change elsewhere....

NOTABLY: We picked up US$ @ MLHuiller on 31 July and got 43.38 when the XE was showing 43.53 mid market rate.  GOOD ENOUGH!  We changed it all right there.  Xoom offers 1/2 to 1 peso less per $.

:dance:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Code worked, thanks again.

• 2 months later...
Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just a couple of questions .... I used Xoom years ago when I was still in the US .... I checked out their website but I find it always better to find someone actually using certain services so you don't get hit by hidden costs ....

Are you still getting the free codes .... ??????

Can you set up an account from here in the Phils to send money from the US to here ????....

Can you send it to yourself or does it like some have to be sent to someone else????

Is it really only $4 to send US $ to places like MLHuiller and Globe .... and do they keep US $ there (I don't want to pay the high exchange rate with Xoom)

I was looking for a back up plan in case the bank where I write checks to goes crazy and stops doing it .... or I run out of checks ... or I need money in a hurry ...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mike, I am curious about some of your questions so I will bump this up with a few of the answers.

Just a couple of questions .... I used Xoom years ago when I was still in the US .... I checked out their website but I find it always better to find someone actually using certain services so you don't get hit by hidden costs ....

When I was using it while still in the US it was the best deal that I could find, including the low fee and the exchange rate.  They were taking about 1 peso on the exchange at the time.  I used USD bank account to peso bank account transfers only.

Are you still getting the free codes .... ??????

Don't know but if there is one I might use it.

Can you set up an account from here in the Phils to send money from the US to here ????....

Don't know for sure but I don't see why not.  You might want to use a VPN.

Can you send it to yourself or does it like some have to be sent to someone else????

I'm fairly certain you can send to yourself.  Especially if you are doing a bank to bank transfer.

Is it really only $4 to send US $ to places like MLHuiller and Globe .... and do they keep US $ there (I don't want to pay the high exchange rate with Xoom)

This is the part I would like to know more about.  When I used Xoom I never thought about send $ to a $ account because I did not have a $ account back then.  On the website, it says you can send to a $ account, so if the charge is only $4.99, that is a deal!  Please test it and let us know!  :)

Bank Deposit to the Philippines
  • Quick and convenient
  • Send in minutes to PNB and Metrobank accounts
  • Send in one hour to BDO and in a few hours to BPI accounts
  • Fast service to all other banks
  • Send to either Peso or USD accounts

I was looking for a back up plan in case the bank where I write checks to goes crazy and stops doing it .... or I run out of checks ... or I need money in a hurry ...