Important information for new registering members

You must validate your registration to become a member. If you did not receive your validation Email its best to check in your spam folder as it could be there.

You must use a real Email address or you will never be able to join the forum.

Welcome to the Philippines Expat Forum!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Population Of Cebu City?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Medic Mike

Medic Mike

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 1,001 posts
  • 293 topics
  • Skin: Glare 3.4.4 (Import)
  • Local time: 06:11 PM
  • Country of Birth: Country Flag
  • Blood Type:B-

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hey guys, I need a little help for this powerpoint presentation I am doing for Chong Hua Hospital. Does anyone know the current populaion of Cebu City?

Donate on PayPal for a more modern Cebu ambulance service. Paypal donations to; eruf.ems.donations@gmail.com

#2 OFFLINE   brock

brock

Royal Member

• Premium Lifetime Member
  • 1,302 posts
  • 153 topics
  • Local time: 11:11 AM
  • Blood Type:No Listing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Google it

• Pittman apartments Sgn likes this

Regards Brock...

#3 OFFLINE   Medic Mike

Medic Mike

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 1,001 posts
  • 293 topics

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Google it

urgggg....I did google it, that is why I am asking, there is nothing recent other than 2010 figures.

Donate on PayPal for a more modern Cebu ambulance service. Paypal donations to; eruf.ems.donations@gmail.com

#4 OFFLINE   JJReyes

JJReyes

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 1,858 posts
  • 125 topics
  • Local time: 12:11 AM
  • Blood Type:Can not Donate

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

urgggg....I did google it, that is why I am asking, there is nothing recent other than 2010 figures.

They are guessing the numbers anyway.

Similar to US Census, they are suppose to do the population surveys every 10 years with 2010 being the most recent. Unlike the United States, which is a constitutional requirement for apportionment of seats in the US Congress, there is no budget to do one in the Philippines. Everything is therefore a rough estimate. 

#5 OFFLINE   Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver

Royal Member

• Forum Support
  • 3,204 posts
  • 206 topics
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

There is no one here who has counted the people in Cebu so any info anyone has will come from Google.  On top of that we have no idea if you mean the exact Cebu city limits or if you want to include Mandaue or any other adjacent metropolitan areas that make up Metro Cebu.

My perception is that you would be thinking of 'Metro Cebu' and I would guestimate 3 million people.

EDIT:  Hmmm.  This link to a Cebu Newspaper says the pop of Metro Cebu is 2.5 million and they are likely closer than my guess.  Quite a coincidence that they published the article on the day someone asked what the population is  :hystery:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver, 20 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

Don't Hate

#6 OFFLINE   Pittman apartments Sgn

Pittman apartments Sgn

Royal member

• Privileged Member
  • 2,570 posts
  • 382 topics

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hey guys, I need a little help for this powerpoint presentation I am doing for Chong Hua Hospital. Does anyone know the current populaion of Cebu City?

try this as presentation, gives a good idea of how fast the city as the philippiines is growing

Multiplying_Rabbits_SLIDESHOW.jpg

• brock, Dave Hounddriver and robert k like this
Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. Walter Kurtz has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane.

#7 OFFLINE   Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver

Royal Member

• Forum Support
  • 3,204 posts
  • 206 topics

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hilarious  :th_thbestpost:

Don't Hate

#8 ONLINE   robert k

robert k

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

try this as presentation, gives a good idea of how fast the city as the philippiines is growing

Multiplying_Rabbits_SLIDESHOW.jpg

Too true, possibly? I saw some figures that say the population of RP grew by 60% in the last 13 years, I didn't know what to think being as it was numbers from the internet.

#9 OFFLINE   Medic Mike

Medic Mike

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 1,001 posts
  • 293 topics

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

There is no one here who has counted the people in Cebu so any info anyone has will come from Google.  On top of that we have no idea if you mean the exact Cebu city limits or if you want to include Mandaue or any other adjacent metropolitan areas that make up Metro Cebu.

My perception is that you would be thinking of 'Metro Cebu' and I would guestimate 3 million people.

EDIT:  Hmmm.  This link to a Cebu Newspaper says the pop of Metro Cebu is 2.5 million and they are likely closer than my guess.  Quite a coincidence that they published the article on the day someone asked what the population is  :hystery:

Awesome, that is really helpful! Also explains some of the questions I had about the project I am completing for Chong hua.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users