Population Of Cebu City?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I need a little help for this powerpoint presentation I am doing for Chong Hua Hospital. Does anyone know the current populaion of Cebu City?

brock
Posted
Posted

Google it

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Google it

urgggg....I did google it, that is why I am asking, there is nothing recent other than 2010 figures.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
urgggg....I did google it, that is why I am asking, there is nothing recent other than 2010 figures.

They are guessing the numbers anyway.

Similar to US Census, they are suppose to do the population surveys every 10 years with 2010 being the most recent. Unlike the United States, which is a constitutional requirement for apportionment of seats in the US Congress, there is no budget to do one in the Philippines. Everything is therefore a rough estimate. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is no one here who has counted the people in Cebu so any info anyone has will come from Google.  On top of that we have no idea if you mean the exact Cebu city limits or if you want to include Mandaue or any other adjacent metropolitan areas that make up Metro Cebu.

My perception is that you would be thinking of 'Metro Cebu' and I would guestimate 3 million people.

EDIT:  Hmmm.  This link to a Cebu Newspaper says the pop of Metro Cebu is 2.5 million and they are likely closer than my guess.  Quite a coincidence that they published the article on the day someone asked what the population is  :hystery:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I need a little help for this powerpoint presentation I am doing for Chong Hua Hospital. Does anyone know the current populaion of Cebu City?

try this as presentation, gives a good idea of how fast the city as the philippiines is growing

Multiplying_Rabbits_SLIDESHOW.jpg

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hilarious  :th_thbestpost:

robert k
Posted
Posted

try this as presentation, gives a good idea of how fast the city as the philippiines is growing

Multiplying_Rabbits_SLIDESHOW.jpg

Too true, possibly? I saw some figures that say the population of RP grew by 60% in the last 13 years, I didn't know what to think being as it was numbers from the internet.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

There is no one here who has counted the people in Cebu so any info anyone has will come from Google.  On top of that we have no idea if you mean the exact Cebu city limits or if you want to include Mandaue or any other adjacent metropolitan areas that make up Metro Cebu.

My perception is that you would be thinking of 'Metro Cebu' and I would guestimate 3 million people.

EDIT:  Hmmm.  This link to a Cebu Newspaper says the pop of Metro Cebu is 2.5 million and they are likely closer than my guess.  Quite a coincidence that they published the article on the day someone asked what the population is  :hystery:

Awesome, that is really helpful! Also explains some of the questions I had about the project I am completing for Chong hua.