Chinese Dating / Rating System / Far More Complex Than The Pinoy System.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

WOW! Thomas will love this system. Very orderly, men and women 'graded' from A down to a D.  

According to the article, men date / marry a woman who is one grade below their grade. Women date / marry men who are one grade above their grade. This means that Grade A women and Grade D men are unable to find a partner.

But this is Chinese to Chinese grading system. Therefore, if say Thomas is a Grade A+ because he is an educated foreigner, then in theory, he can make (1) Grade A single woman in China happy!

So sad... so many Grade A women, so few men like Thomas. :mocking:

Of course, Jake the humanitarian member of the forum is available to 'console' many of the Grade A women on an as needed basis. Please take a number. With a few billion Chinese and doing some math to eliminate the men and the married and the infirm, that leaves 3,000,000+ women for Jake to console. PLEASE! No shoving and line jumping. Jake will get to you as soon as he can. After all, he is not a machine! He needs to sleep and eat too!   :999:  :attention:  :dance:

Off Yahoo News.

'Leftover women' in China face tough choices in looking for love.

Reuters

August 13, 2013  Society

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Xu Jiajie has gone on countless blind dates and to numerous match-making events over the past five years in search of a husband.

At 31, the baby-faced office worker from Shanghai is under enormous pressure from family and friends to get married. But the right man is hard to find, she says, a big issue for urban, educated and well-paid Chinese women in a society where the husband's social status is traditionally above the wife's.

"My parents have introduced every bachelor they know," said Xu, who earns double the average wage in Shanghai. "Half of the bachelors I met are quiet and never go out. Outgoing men don't need blind dates."

As couples celebrate the "Qixi" festival on Tuesday, the Chinese equivalent of Valentine's Day, Xu and millions of women like her face stark choices as long-held ideas about matrimonial hierarchy run up against economic and social changes sweeping the world's most populous country.

The term "shengnu" - directly translated as "leftover women" - was coined to refer to professional women who have not married by their late 20s.

"Chinese people often think males should be higher in a relationship in every sense, including height, age, education and salary," Ni Lin, who hosts a popular match-making television show in Shanghai, told Reuters.

"This leads to a phenomenon in which A-grade men marry B-grade women, B-grade men marry C-grade women and C-grade men marry D-grade women. Only A-grade women and D-grade men can't find partners."

In Beijing, more than a third of women in their late 20s and 30s are looking for husbands, according to the dating website Jiayuan.com. Media reports say there may be as many as 500,000 "leftover women" in the capital.

There are plenty of men to go round among China's nearly 1.4 billion people but social status can conspire against single professional woman once again.

China's population is more tilted towards men than in many countries due to the government's one-child policy and a cultural preference for boys. The latest census in 2011 showed there were twice as many single men born in the 1970s as women of the same age.

But unlike "leftover women", these "shengnan" or "leftover men" often live in lower-tier cities and do not make much money.

The Shanghai city government tries to help women like Xu by arranging regular match-making events. One in May attracted 20,000 single men and women.

Lucy Wang, a 32-year-old Chinese language teacher who attended the event, said all she could find were playboy types or momma's boys.

"I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me," she said. "Twenty thousand people and yet I can't find anyone I like."

(Reporting by Shanghai newsroom; Editing by Kazunori Takada and John O'Callaghan)

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I actually really like chinese women, I found a lot that were both sexy and intellegent. I looked into trying to meet one a few years ago, but found the one huge drawback, very, very few of them can speak any english. Which of course makes it hugely problematic to get to know one of these beauties.

Yes, but then Thomas speaks Swedish and Jake grunts and uses hand signals to get the message across.

My money is on Jake! Got to go with experience..... :dance:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I actually really like chinese women, I found a lot that were both sexy and intellegent. I looked into trying to meet one a few years ago, but found the one huge drawback, very, very few of them can speak any english. Which of course makes it hugely problematic to get to know one of these beauties.

Yes, but then Thomas speaks Swedish and Jake grunts and uses hand signals to get the message across.

My money is on Jake! Got to go with experience..... :dance:

You got me pegged right on the money -- I do a lot of grunting.  Even though I'm still FUGLY, I am slowly

working my way up to D grade.  Regarding my hand signals, I allow my trusty pet love monkey do all that --

apparently he is fluent in all tongues.....he, he.

Jake the Snake

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

My sons wife is Chinese, She has lived in England about 18 years and her English is still not very good.

My wife speaks much better English and has never been to England, In fact I am the first foreigner she has ever spoken too.

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted
In fact I am the first foreigner she has ever spoken too.

Well there you go! Didn't her mother warn her about talking to strangers! :hystery:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is my experience as well Mike.

I lived in Taipei Taiwan for about three years in the early 1970's and can still speak a bit of Mandarin today. 15 years ago after my ex left me I dated a flight attendant for EVA air for awhile. There are a lot of beautiful smart educated family oriented Chinese women who would make wonderful wives but the lack of English and the fact few are Christian would be a deal breaker.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

This is my experience as well Mike.

I lived in Taipei Taiwan for about three years in the early 1970's and can still speak a bit of Mandarin today. 15 years ago after my ex left me I dated a flight attendant for EVA air for awhile. There are a lot of beautiful smart educated family oriented Chinese women who would make wonderful wives but the lack of English and the fact few are Christian would be a deal breaker.

I had the exact same issues.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
can still speak a bit of Mandarin today.

Ah yes, while I can not spell the words correctly, I do remember my Mandarin from 'my past'. :no:

There was Ni yao bu yao zwaw I? and then Shao peegoo, shao peegoo ding how! (women related)

Moogoo gow and moogoo maow. (restaurant related)

And then my daughter's favorite when out fixing AC units, Ho do t'chen.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
My sons wife is Chinese, She has lived in England about 18 years and her English is still not very good. My wife speaks much better English and has never been to England, In fact I am the first foreigner she has ever spoken too.

Japan, Korea and Taiwan use the translation method of English learning. Philippines uses the communication method. The correct sequence for first and second language acquisition is listen, speak, read and write. In translation, you learn reading and writing skills and forget the first two. 

Before anyone pooh-poohs others who have difficulties communicating in Standard American English or the Queen's (British) English, how many can still speak Spanish or French after learning it in high school? Actually, you don't learn because public schools use the translation method.

My first language was Castilian Spanish, followed by Vernacular Tagalog and then Standard American. I sort of "lost" my Spanish, but because it was learned as a child using the Communication method, language experts claim it will all come back to me through language immersion. That means staying 90 days in a Spanish speaking community and not speaking in English  I also have three years of Latin, so it is possible to communicate in very poor Italian. I have encountered Gypsies who were speaking in Romano. Between my Spanish and Latin, I could understand about 60% of their conversation.

I am lecturing this Saturday to a group of Japanese teachers of English. My topic is, "Why the Japanese can't speak English." In both Japan and Korea, there are many public school teachers of English who cannot speak the language. 

• Like 4