Npa Ends The Dreams For......

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

After many years of hard work a good friend retired a short time ago.

He and his Filipina wife built their dream home about 30 minutes drive above CDO. Life was good. Recently the local NPA welcoming comity visited and then again. Sadly our friend and his family arrived back home in the States last week. He is not giving up on a good life in a tropical island, Guam.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

30 minutes above CDO is starting to be in an area one perhaps should not be which shows in this case. Sorry for your friend.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The NPA most of the time are just looking for a hand out .... food ... cloths and money .... the don't very often harm foreigners .... they are more of a political reform group .... fighting the military and governmental agency's  ..... but those in Mindanao may be getting bad habits form the Militant Muslim groups .... here they mostly ask for food and if you have some pesos to help their cause .... JMHO .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

If the NPA caused your friend and his wife to leave the Philippines then maybe they were not real NPA.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If the NPA caused your friend and his wife to leave the Philippines then maybe they were not real NPA.

You could be correct.

On the good side he has honest family there who will rent out or sell the house.

softail
Posted
Posted

Just another case of ....rent.....don't buy.  You just never know how the situation will change and bags will need to be packed.  Sorry to here about your friend and his dashed dream.

Doug

• Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted

After many years of hard work a good friend retired a short time ago.

He and his Filipina wife built their dream home about 30 minutes drive above CDO. Life was good. Recently the local NPA welcoming comity visited and then again. Sadly our friend and his family arrived back home in the States last week. He is not giving up on a good life in a tropical island, Guam.

What did they do or say to him to make him leave ?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I would be interested to know more details. Talked this one over with my wife. She grew up in Northern Cotabato in Mindanao. She thinks there is more to this as well.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know the guys family some live here not far from us they are good folks. He said it was the real deal NPA. But anything is possible. I am always suspicious of scams and whatnot over there as we all know. A house is a huge prize so, who knows.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

I know the guys family some live here not far from us they are good folks. He said it was the real deal NPA. But anything is possible. I am always suspicious of scams and whatnot over there as we all know. A house is a huge prize so, who knows.

My family on my dads side , the Bartons are scattered around Cayagan De Oro,  Palawan and surigao.  and on my mothers side, the Mayshle and Neri family are all over Cebu. having two foreighn nationalitys , i have never herd of people getting run off by the Nice People Around,  (NPA) . happens more to the local politicians. My GUT tells me that they were set up and spooked, then thats only my 2 centavos worth.    tanks ej.

• Like 5