How To Know If Your Blacklisted In Phils?

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

An interesting thing happened on my arrival into Cebu on the 20th October. When it was my turn to hand my arrival documents to the customs, I also requested an on the spot extension visa to save me the hassle of getting one later. I was taken to the little customs room on the left and there was this man (from the US or Canada) being told by an official he was blacklisted and as such, had to return back to Singapore on the same flight we had arrived. He had no idea that he was blacklisted and begged the security man to let him in. When that failed, he asked if he could give his luggage to her as it was apparently only dresses etc but that request was denied also. Finally he asked if he could get his her a ticket to Singapore too so she could accompany him and that also was denied.

All his requests fell to deaf ears as the customs officers followed the law to the letter. He said he had been into RP at least 10 times and this was a surprise to him. There is much about this case that I don't know but be sure it's scary to know that a blacklist mark against your name could be made without your knowledge until you discover it a few hours before your deportation.

Anyone had or heard of any similar incidents?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have trouble believing that the blacklisted individual had no clue that he was on the list.  Perhaps he was not sure, in which case he could have inquired at the Philippine Embassy in the country he was departing from.

From the BI website:

Nationals who are subjects of deportation/blacklist orders of the Department and the Bureau of Immigration shall not be admitted to the Philippines. Further inquiries may be addressed to the Visa Division (Telephone numbers: 834-4854, 834-3707, and 834-4810), Department of Foreign Affairs, 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City or to any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have heard of guys with the same or similar name being denied entry .... but they are few and far between and mostly with Asia guys ..... could be because of name similarity and the fact they do look similar ..... and no that is not a racist remark before anyone gets their panties in a wad ..... 

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
the fact they do look similar
I gave you a "Like" for the information,

but this quoted part is not a fact  :)

SOME northamericans/europeans have problem seing difference between asians, as well as some asians think we look the same,

but e g I have no problem seing difference between Filipins (with few exceptions as e g two young brothers, who I can't separate if I see them one by one, but I can by a small length difference if I see them together:) But on the other hand I have bad skill concerning remembering names.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

They refer to that as cross racial identification.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's some information about blacklisted people.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?searchword=blacklisted&option=com_search&Itemid=

This statement is in one of the articles:

when conducting inspection of arriving foreigners, immigration officers take into account various factors, including the passenger’s age, health, financial status, education and skill, return ticket, travel purpose, history and accommodation, and sponsorship of trip.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

another not sure where to post .

recently spoken w/some(actually 2) LONG TERM EXPATS and the discussion came up on the BI.

the "word" is that the current BI is on a way to make more money in the BI( cough cough) and 1 way

is to get money from all angles.

if your overstay,better pay up, keep current or risk deportation

part of the new forms, that some are "complaining about", is his way to earn.

i would post more but since this forum is viewed by many

i will just keep my comments to the above

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
James Berry
Posted
Posted

James

How do you find out if you are on the Blacklist. I have a fiance in the Philippines and want to go there and marry her.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, James Berry said:

James

How do you find out if you are on the Blacklist. I have a fiance in the Philippines and want to go there and marry her.

Go to this site and follow the Links therein;

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/deregatory-lists/black-list-order :wink:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Jusme
Posted
Posted

I had this experience happen to me around six years ago during x-mas holidays. traveled to Phil 4 times with wife no problem. first I travel alone this happen about some blacklist. Brings up question, was i single out just because of being Black American traveling alone.