Can I Really Live On $1000 A Month In The Philippines

Thomas
Posted
Posted

And...., I'm getting fatter!

Are you using coconut oil for your cooking? Do the research. Then switch to corn, canola or olive oil. 

Coconut oil is good of several health reasons, so if using it it's chance saving at hospital costs  :)

(E g diabetes and blood presure. A Filipina I know didn't understood why she got anemia every time she went back to Manila, but then we found out the reason =She didn't eat anything from coconut in Manila, but much when visiting her family at Samar.)

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Plus the lady I have been i communicatin with for over a year also works as a nurse.

Kindly note than nurse salaries in the Philippines range from $200 to $500 a month. If she can live on that amount; repay debt incurred while being a nursing student; pay Philippine Social Security System taxes; be subjected to withholding taxes; etc., you can do it on $1,000 a month.

• Like 4

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

And...., I'm getting fatter!

Are you using coconut oil for your cooking? Do the research. Then switch to corn, canola or olive oil. 

I started using coconut oil over 6 months ago for many things I plan on continue using it

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Plus the lady I have been i communicatin with for over a year also works as a nurse.

Kindly note than nurse salaries in the Philippines range from $200 to $500 a month. If she can live on that amount; repay debt incurred while being a nursing student; pay Philippine Social Security System taxes; be subjected to withholding taxes; etc., you can do it on $1,000 a month.

Plus often they support their family much at such salaries too  :)

(Not a nurse, but e g one earning around 15 000p/month (depending of amount of overtime) she send home half of her salary, but I don't know if that includes her personal investments in her land or not. (She has bought and paid 2 hectares rice land in just a few years. That's same size, but better quality than her parents have and they and 12 kids did live of before they grew up.)

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Plus the lady I have been i communicatin with for over a year also works as a nurse. Of course we havent set anything final and I need to spend time with her in person but I ave a feeling she might be the one.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you haven't even met this person you don't know her or the situation. 

• Like 5

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

Plus the lady I have been i communicatin with for over a year also works as a nurse. Of course we havent set anything final and I need to spend time with her in person but I ave a feeling she might be the one.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you haven't even met this person you don't know her or the situation. 

Yes I am aware of that.I have to meet her and spend time with of course. and I don't plan on just jumping in. It takes time to truely know someone.

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Well you seem to have your head screwed on. Good luck my friend.

Keep us informed.

(I think I'll be in a similar position one day)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes I am aware of that.I have to meet her and spend time with of course. and I don't plan on just jumping in. It takes time to truely know someone.

Is it the same woman as you made an own topic about her plenty issues?

I thought you skiped her   :)

(Meeting her anyway is one thing, but if you are picky as I  ;)  then better look for at least one alternative to meet when you arrive.)

• Like 1

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

(Meeting her anyway is one thing, but if you are picky as I  ;)  then better look for at least one alternative to meet when you arrive.)

No not the same woman with the issues - I took a pass on that one. I'm not getting serious about any one woman until i can met them and spend time with them.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

No not the same woman with the issues - I took a pass on that one. I'm not getting serious about any one woman until i can met them and spend time with them.

Good  :)

• Like 1