Meeing Women On The Net Or Wait Until I'm In The Philippines?

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

I've met many women on the net sites as I'm sure many others have. I have found a few I am interested in and one I've been communicating with for over a year.

My idea was to get to know a few online then when I travel there meet them in person and see how it goes.

I don't make these women any promisies or lead them on but keep it as friends for the time being and I tell them this.

I don't want to sound like a player because I am anyting but that. But iI get the feeling that after a short time of commuicating with them ,Filipina think its a serious relationship even if you tell them it's not. I certainly don't want to end up hurting a lady like Ive heard so many stores about.

So my question is - Pick one I think might be the one and stck with her, make multiple contacts to meet when I get there or just forget about meeting anyone online and just meet someone while I am in the Philippines?

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

All I can give you is my personal experience mate.  Highs and lows but in the end, ultimately happy.  Yes I met my girl, SAO (short angry one) on a site, but it was quite a journey.  Many have met their partner once they've been there.  Both are great, both have their downsides.  I'll just link you my experience of internet dating prior to meeting SAO.  Many on here have done the same, just as many have met in "real" whilst visiting.  There is no right way;  life happens, just be careful.

Anyway, a post that I made a while ago with regards to internet dating with much good advice following from other members of this forum:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15167-what-to-look-out-for-on-the-asian-dating-sites-warning-long-post/

Hope it helps.

Brett

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Smart lady that Tuka! The one that ended up with an Aussie that is :thumbsup:

Michael, just be yourself mate, it's your own best selling point.

I've found, that we as expats are looking for something that women in the west, by and large, don't offer anymore.  The things that count in life.  It's not SUVs, it's not the biggest house.  A good heart will get you everywhere in PI, on many levels, friends, girlfriend, girlfriend's family.  It's all about intent and in my experience, the Filipina can spot it a mile off. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I found that I had a huge exposure to Filipinas from all over the Philippines using the Internet to meet them. I'm sure there are as many good girls as bad girls in real life but on dating sites its less personal to give a bad girl the flick online when she is no more than a few lines of text in a chat program. I went through hundreds and hundreds of girls online and once the sharks were sorted from the fishes, I had to then see who was compatible for a relationship and who would be just a chat mate.

You have to be extra careful when you meet a stranger in person. You never know, if you pi55 her off, she might have a brother who is a hitman in his spare time.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Fred raises a very good point that I've posted on before.  I know the owner of the Blue Rock pretty well and talked to him just after the incident.  Basically what it came down to was his manager was married to a local, he had a couple of other GF's on the trot, one of their brothers (still not identified) had a gut full and took matters into his own hands.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/454464/20130408/australian-general-manager-resort-philippines-dead-fatal.htm

I guess that just emphasises that it's not all unicorns crapping rainbows and lollipops moving there.  Don't want to scare you off but it is something to consider.

• Like 4

Michealusa
Posted
Posted

All I can give you is my personal experience mate.  Highs and lows but in the end, ultimately happy.  Yes I met my girl, SAO (short angry one) on a site, but it was quite a journey.  Many have met their partner once they've been there.  Both are great, both have their downsides.  I'll just link you my experience of internet dating prior to meeting SAO.  Many on here have done the same, just as many have met in "real" whilst visiting.  There is no right way;  life happens, just be careful.

Anyway, a post that I made a while ago with regards to internet dating with much good advice following from other members of this forum:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15167-what-to-look-out-for-on-the-asian-dating-sites-warning-long-post/

Hope it helps.

Brett

Brett when I read your past post I was amazed by the similarities in my internet dating experience.So many of the same replies as yours. One other thing I have found is that many very young Filipina have 1 or 2 children in tow already. Thanks for the comment.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hope it helps.

Brett

Brett when I read your past post I was amazed by the similarities in my internet dating experience.So many of the same replies as yours. One other thing I have found is that many very young Filipina have 1 or 2 children in tow already. Thanks for the comment.

Yessss....Brett is the man!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many guys have made friends of Filipina's online later meeting a few face to face in Philippines.

You seem like an intelligent nice man. As you said just use common sense avoid those asking or hinting to do with money or those who quickly use the word love. Frankly I would avoid any that use love from an online friendship.

In the past I would say "go to Philippines to meet someone special" but honestly if befriending someone online works for you go for it. I still think "online dating" is an oxymoron and foolish you can become friends with someone online but love and romance? I don't think so.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is when you arrive Philippines spend as much time as you can with your friends family. When you marry a Filipina you marry her family as well.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

When you marry a Filipina you marry her family as well.

I don't think there us anyone on this forum that would disagree with that statement.

I happen to have very genuine in laws , but I have a friend who is not so lucky in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2