Western Union No Fee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Western Union are having a no fee promotion till the end of the month for those who are sending money to the Philippines. Other money sending services are doing the same so best to check for promotion codes.

For $0 Fee*, enter promotion code; HAIYANRELIEF2013

Promo codes are case-sensitive. Use ALL CAPS
Expires November 30, 2013.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
Alby
Posted
Posted

I am a newbie and not a regular sender when it comes to WU and I had tried it once some years ago to Egypt.

After reading this and TukaRam's posts (he's good) I thought let me try it so here is my experience...

I opened an account with WU and sent myself here in PI, $1000 USD from my bank account in the US and put the August code on checkout.

WU said that I should get it from an agent here in PI since it will be in USD and no fees.

They gave me their bill paying info to send the money to from my bank account which I did.

Then they sent me an email telling me to go and get the fund from an agent once my bank sent it to them.

Here in PI, the first agent I went to, Makati Bank, said their WU system was down (!) so I went to the next one on the list which was USSC I think.

They made me fill some form with the dollars serial numbers and said, "Oh sir... there is a 70 peso you need to pay for document processing!". I said, but WU said it's free? They said, "Sorry sir ... It's our policy" :) ... The typical stupid answer. Translation is: extortion money.

So, don't go to USSC office. Do it to a bank or some where more descent.

If you had to pay it, well it's little money any way.

All in all it's better than writing checks to yourself coz that will take a month to clear. Now, you can get the Dollars and either go to some money changer or do what you need with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk