Maybe Another Another Annulment Question??

kenn
Posted
Posted

Gents,

I am American married for 3 years to a Filipina... I work and live abroad.. she was living here with me in the Middle East. Anyway marriage not working out. Both of our faults I am sure, but one thing is $30k USD came up missing... well unaccounted for by her.

Other issues with her being lazy causes issues.

Anyway we have one beautiful 2 year old child.

I know that I love Filipina women, a lot are nice people. We now live in different places. She is back home in the home that I paid for... she can keep it...

What are my options of getting annulment if she is not willing.. she does not want to loose out on $. Yes, I support and will continue too send money. She would not cooperate in anyway I am sure.

I am just trying to find out if there is any options in the event I meet a nice girl from the Philippines.

Regards,

Ken

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ken, I'm curious why not divorce her?

I'm sorry to hear of your failed marriage.

Edited by Old55

kenn
Posted
Posted

I can get a divorce.... issue maybe if I decide to marry another Filipina later on.

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe that you can get a divorce in the USA without her being present. PI has also made some improvements for her to get some type of annulment/divorce in the PI if her foreigner gets a divorce overseas. Annulments are for locals that get married in the PI. Google search this forum for more posts on this subject.

Edited by jpbago

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

What ever you do, TAKE/GET the child into your custody. ( legal guardianship) . DONT WAIT

that 30k, you can kiss that Good bye.

its gone, its been spent on her family or her new bf

off topic,,

hire a PI, something doesnt smell right ,

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I suggest you contact a US lawyer who is knowledgeable in your situation.

As far as I know you can divorce a Filipino citizen and marry another as you like. I know personally two men who have done so.

brock
Posted
Posted

It is far easier for you to get a divorce, If the child is with the mother in the Philippines, I am sorry but you have no chance of getting custody unless the mother wants you too.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It is far easier for you to get a divorce, If the child is with the mother in the Philippines, I am sorry but you have no chance of getting custody unless the mother wants you too.

Unfortunately this is a fact.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Gents,

I am American married for 3 years to a Filipina... I work and live abroad.. she was living here with me in the Middle East. Anyway marriage not working out. Both of our faults I am sure, but one thing is $30k USD came up missing... well unaccounted for by her.

Other issues with her being lazy causes issues.

I know that I love Filipina women, a lot are nice people. We now live in different places. She is back home in the home that I paid for... she can keep it...

What are my options of getting annulment if she is not willing.. she does not want to loose out on $. Yes, I support and will continue too send money. She would not cooperate in anyway I am sure.

I am just trying to find out if there is any options in the event I meet a nice girl from the Philippines.

Regards,

Ken

She seem VERY interested in money, so "buy" her agreement to annulment. You can tell HER you think of reducing that  much...  :)  If you are not in RP, you can even say and PRETEND you think of stop paying anything at all as many Filipin husbands do...

=NEGOTIATE with her about what SHE want in exchange of what YOU want.

Include:

1, your DAUGHTER. Do your wife WANT to take care of her, or do she only want to keep her to get support from you? Perhaps your wife is even happy if she don't need to take care of your daughter, if your wife will get support anyway...

2. the HOUSE. DON'T  just give it to her for FREE. Include it in the negotiation.

Is it in her name? Even if so, HALF is yours by marriage right if it earned DURING your marriage,

and WHOLE is yours if it bought/built for money you had BEFORE you married.

NOTE! The RP law has a "built in" prenup agreement  = Values each have before marriage start, is counted belonging to that one even WITHOUT a written agreement. It's only a question of proving what you had back then.

3. Include that 30k USD in that negotiation, threatening you can go to court about them if you don't reach an agreement...

4. And of course her annulment agreement,  so you have it if you will need it. (I don't know if it's best for you to divorse abroad > annulment in RP, or annulment direct. I understand you want chance to marry in RP again.)

kenn
Posted
Posted

She can have 100% of the home because she will raise our child there. I am providing enough cash each month for needs.

I dont want the $30k back... she can have all of everything. Only looking for a way to be free and she will not agree to an annulment, I am sure.

Yes I love the Philippines so I know if I have a future woman, she will be from there.

Question: So some say that I can get divorced in the US and then remarry in Phil.... how would that work with the Phil records showing me already married to someone else???

Regards,

Ken