Maybe Another Another Annulment Question??

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

My termite man has married for the 2nd time (all 3 are Filipinos) with no annulment, and maybe no registration at NSO

A Filipina nearby has married 3 foreigners, has 1 kid from each, and is now with a 4th foreigner. Twice, we met a Filipina at the airport who is married to a Japanese and to a Filipino at the same time. The Japanese men think that she is ending his money home to her parents not to her Filipino husband. The Filipinos like the yen.   I don't know how they do it

The Filipinas were working as GROs in Japan when they got married there. And right, Thomas, there is a way to not register the marriage at NSO.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

My termite man has married for the 2nd time (all 3 are Filipinos) with no annulment, and maybe no registration at NSO

A Filipina nearby has married 3 foreigners, has 1 kid from each, and is now with a 4th foreigner. Twice, we met a Filipina at the airport who is married to a Japanese and to a Filipino at the same time. The Japanese men think that she is ending his money home to her parents not to her Filipino husband. The Filipinos like the yen.   I don't know how they do it

I don't know how, but I know it's possible to get marriage registrated only localy, because I know some have done it. Then it's possible to do the same more times if it's done in different parts of RP.

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

To legally marry a Filipina in the Philippines you must obtain a Certificate Of Marriage from your local Civil Registrar Office. This Certificate will have 4 original copies. After you are married you will receive one copy, your local Civil Registrar will mail one copy to the NSO office in Manila, your Civil Registrar will file one copy and I don't remember what they said the 4th copy was far.

After your marriage is registered at NSO then you can request a Certificate Of Marriage from NSO which is required for government applications when you must prove that you are married. A copy of your Certificate of Marriage from your local Civil Registrar will not meet the requirement. It must be the NSO Certificate.

Yeah I know a lot of Filipinos get married to two or more people without getting an Annulment. One or more of their marriages is not a legal marriage. My wife's sister was only 15 years old when she had a big church wedding but as most of you know a Filipino can not get married until they are 18. She was told to come back and sign the document after she turned 18. Her fake marriage only lasted one month so when she was 18 she was able married a foreigner because her first fake marriage wasn't registered at NSO.

Edited by Americano

• 6 months later...
kenn
Posted
Posted

Progress Update....

I went to Guam and spent 7 days there and got my divorce. My wife then actually signed the papers and sent them to Guam. The divorce was granted in the Guam court.

I am now in the process of getting the Guam documents certified by Guam so I can now start the process of getting my divorce reconized by the Phil court. I was told by the attorney that this could take one year to process the recognition of divorce in the Philippines.

As far as I know I cannot get remarried in the Phil until this is completed.

Regards,

Ken

• Like 1

kenn
Posted
Posted

Anyone know or think there is a slight chance that if I can marry when I visit Davao even though my divorce is not yet reconized from my NSO regestered marriage that was done in Manila?

Jake
Posted
Posted

The divorce was granted in the Guam court........could take one year to process the recognition of divorce in the Philippines

Hello Kenn,

There will be other suggestions about taking shortcuts or under the table deals that are widely practiced in PI.  My fellow

members will not make any of those suggestions (in open forum), right guys?  

However, we do feel for you Kenn.  The many sleepless nights and anxiety attacks as you near the final leg of your journey.

From your writings, you seem to be organized and like planning ahead for any contingencies.  As you may know Kenn, in

that part of the world, Murphy's Law will smack you in the face.  Things happen slow and things will hit the fan more often

than not.  We feel for ya.......

Hang in there, respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

What is the penalty for bigamy in RP?  I would suggest waiting a bit and taking her to another place (other than Fil) to be married. Just in case something happens it is a bit less involved to undo.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyone know or think there is a slight chance that if I can marry when I visit Davao even though my divorce is not yet reconized from my NSO regestered marriage that was done in Manila?

The biggest stumbling block will be your CNI. This will be required by more than one Department/Agency.

1. Applying for your marriage license.

2.  Applying for your marriage Contract.

3. Applying for enrolment to the Pre Marriage seminar

There may be other Departments that will require it also.

You can only Obtain a CNI on Application, from either your own Embassy/Consulate or the NSO. The Number one(1) Prerequisite, will be your Divorce Absolute. Unless you have this, I fear nothing will be moving for you.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but best you know, before any Wasted time, starts to melt your Head.

Morning All,

JP  :tiphat:  :morning1: