Summer Camp?

saltydog
Posted
Posted

does any one know of a real summer camp for kids on Luzon?

You know hiking, camping and swimming. I have been searching for years but have never had any luck. I really want to get my kids out of the house this coming summer vacation.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

does any one know of a real summer camp for kids on Luzon?

You know hiking, camping and swimming. I have been searching for years but have never had any luck. I really want to get my kids out of the house this coming summer vacation.

Why don't you go camping with them yourself?   :)

(I live in "the bush" all the time, but in a modern house, having that as base when going sailing, walking in the forest and such.)

saltydog
Posted
Posted

Yeah I do get them out as much as possible. Just want them to have the same experiance I did going to camp, make new friends, get away from the parents and had some good adventures.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I too have been searching.(past 5yrs) for a "western"style summer camp

and the results are none.althou I have NOT inquired w/the INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS

What I have found is enrichment classes(math, science etc).

swimming.Sports "clinics",learning a new or improving language.cooking,

BUT NOTHING that does camping,or a DAY camp type program like the YMCA or a private one.

Good luck on your  search/quest.

If you(members of forum) find or hear of anything

PLEASE SHARE it w/ us.

Perhaps this could be a new business opportunity for someone who could work his way

thru the "regulatory " (red tape$$)process ?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yeah I do get them out as much as possible. Just want them to have the same experiance I did going to camp, make new friends, get away from the parents and had some good adventures.

I don't know if the American summer camps are any better, they don't seem so from movies, but at least when I were child the Swedish camps were for kids, who had no chance to go anywhere else, and what I heared back then most of them were more "bullying camps" than "summer camps". I were happy anyway I didn't need to go to them  :)    going with family to our summer vacation cottage instead.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If you(members of forum) find or hear of anything PLEASE SHARE it w/ us.   Perhaps this could be a new business opportunity for someone who could work his way thru the "regulatory " (red tape$$)process ?

If someone is seriously interested in starting a summer camp as a business, I have a colleague who owns an organic farm in Malvar, Batangas. The location is about 45 minutes from the Magallanes toll booth of the Southern Luzon Expressway. Elevation is about 700 feet above sea level and cool. The facilities are used by an agricultural cooperative to teach organic farming. They have a large nipa hut with bunk beds made of bamboo. The design and proximity to each other will remind some of the sleeping quarters in WWII troop transports.

The summer camp would offer agriculture related activities. Participants can learn planting, cultivating, harvesting and food processing. The regulatory requirements can be kept at a minimum because the entrepreneur is renting or leasing an existing facility. In fact, my suggestion is to start with day camps. Wealthy families in Makati can send their children with the driver and they can be on site within an hour. These same wealthy families probably own weekend homes in Laguna, Cavite and Batangas.

Attached are photographs. Let me know if anyone is seriously interested. I can ask the owner. 

post-1632-0-47264200-1386169669_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-60615200-1386169677_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-08840100-1386169684_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-80065400-1386169689_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-46710400-1386169697_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-02723300-1386169661_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I know that the boy scouts and other groups have used the Clearwater resort in Clark, and other such facilities in Subic.

I don't know if they still hold these, or if they currently have any other groups using these facilities anymore, but you could always contact them and ask?

http://www.clearwaterphilippines.com/wordpress/?cat=14

There are also other facilities in Clark, like the Fontana Water Park, the Zoo, horse farm, go carting etc. and there is even more I believe in and around Subic.

Papa Carl

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

When I grew up in the states, I use to look forward to summer camp every year. Lots of good memories!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There are two summer camp programs near our family farm in Sampaloc, Tanay, Rizal. The area is about 65 kilometers from Metro Manila.

I know the owner of http://www.ambiodiversityfarm.com/. His program is popular with younger Europeans and Americans who enjoy the outdoor life like trekking and river rafting.  

The second is http://www.tanayadventurecamp.com This one looks a bit more commercial with activities like zip lines and zorb balls, but they also offer areas for families to pitch tents and camping related activities. 

Both also offer survival training.  Nearby is Camp Mateo Capinpin, which is where the Philippine Army trains their jungle fighters.