Clark Cemetary Mou To Be Signed

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/pampanga/local-news/2013/12/16/philippines-us-forge-pact-cemetery-maintenance-318989

An important step into getting this cemetery back to the condition that it belongs...

for those who live near Clark or attend the VFW or other embassy events,

this has been a WELL DISCUSSED ISSUE

over the past few yrs that i have lived here,

now  it seems that it has been solved and all involved

are HAPPY :woohoo:

the men,women, Veterans and children* that are resting can now have a well maintained home

( I would post more about how i am disgusted of the host country lack of "caring attitude"for those who died helping/living this country but I wont,this should suffice)

*for those who have visited,their are several graves of very young children(some only a few days old)

CLARK FREEPORT -- The Philippine Government and the United States of America are set to sign today

(December 16) a memorandum of understanding (MOU)

that will give the American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) permission to maintain, restore, and operate the Clark Veterans Cemetery (CVC) located inside this former military facility.

The signing of the MOU, which will be held at the Department of Foreign Affairs office in Pasay City,

will allow the ABMC to begin “caring for and maintaining” the cemetery, said Dennis Wright, president and chief executive officer of Peregrine Development International Incorporated, one of the entities currently supporting the CVC maintenance.

“Recall the law required a bi-lateral agreement be in place before ABMC could take over.

This is the final official step required to get the cemetery transferred from the volunteers of VFW Post 2485 to ABMC,” Wright told Guy Hilbero, Mabalacat City Tourism officer and executive officer of the 26th US Cavalry and Philippine Scouts Memorial Regiment based here.

Hilbero welcomed the development, saying all of the organizations working for the restoration of the veteran’s cemetery will be glad about the news.

“All is well that ends well. The souls of all veterans, including the Philippine Scouts, buried at the cemetery will finally rest in peace with dignity,” Hilbero said.

late edit,

for those who live or will visit.(the clark area)

please go by the VFW and give these men a

:th_thanx:    BIG THANK YOU          :AddEmoticons04230:   

it has been a long road for them to accomplish this FEAT 

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

it is now being renovated 

.last 11nov i was informed that their was a small ceremony held there. again for those who live or do their errands/shopping in

this area . try to visit

jon1
Posted
Posted

A good place to keep updated on the Cemetery's ongoing issues is at http://www.vfwpost2485.com/  They seem to be the primary lobbiers for keeping things up to snuff.