A Filipina's Western Male Friends

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gents for all the great replies. My Filipina has many male friends and I do in fact encourage it. My only concern was with the Western guys, especially when I learned they were from the dating site. One of her friends is in fact a German that she met in Moalboal. He seems like a really good guy to me. Looking forward to meeting him and his wife. Again, thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to like it here. 7 more weeks until I arrive. Hope I can contribute soon. 

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I couldn't complain when my wife and I started dating and she had male friends on MySpace (pre-FB). But we both did some tip toeing around each other's accounts, daring each other to let us see the other's inbox. I discovered a few ex Filipino boyfriends, neither current, and found a Friendster account which told me her real age. Then she told me she had two kids, not one.

Needless to say, we didn't trust each other. I was looking for an easy out, and she was worried about losing me.

After being married for six years she still brings up my ex girlfriends in an angry tone, but I avoid commenting on hers. I save my anger for fights over laundry.

You have to commit before you really have a stake.

• Like 3

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

My asawa also returns to bring up my past filipina girlfriends. However I figured it out pretty quick that if I don't bring up her past boyfriends everything blows over faster.

I pick my battles carefully as there is nothing like the silent treatment. Lol

I have found it best to go for a long walk and stop at my inlaws house with a few beer and just wait for her to come get me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Koala
Posted
Posted

I know how you feel mate!

I didn't even use facebook & only created an account basically as another form of communication, was a little shocked once i looked at the freinds & follower list & took offence to many of the comments on posted photos... Googling her name revealed even more social network type stuff which i wasn't impressed with!

Certainly put a few bumps in the road, but it was all before she met me. I do understand the sutuation for filippinas, not much going on for alot of them & the internet is like a gateway to the rest of the world (and family). 

Their freindly accepting nature & lack of (cyber) education is nothing like the western world. They don't really know the downside to "freinding" anyone who says "hello"

Have you said anything to her about it, what was her reaction ?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I never really worried about my girlfriends Facebook friends - but then as far as I know she has never used a dating site. She was a province girl introduced by a friend from Palawan.

But she used to complain about "my girlfriend in Cebu" because of one pic in my Cebu album on FB. She made me delete the picture as soon as we met.  But kept bringing it up.   I finally decided to shut her up about it - one way or the other - and told her I never had a girlfriend in Cebu... but I did have some girls I sexed while on vacation.  She has never brought the girl up again ha ha

And somehow we are still together...   :tiphat:

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted
Their freindly accepting nature & lack of (cyber) education is nothing like the western world. They don't really know the downside to "freinding" anyone who says "hello"

Dont you believe it, They know exactly what they are doing..

. She made me delete the picture as soon as we met. 

Man or mouse,,,,squeak :lol:  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Don't worry about the western male friends.

Worry about good looking Filipinos.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Don't worry about the western male friends.

Worry about good looking Filipinos.

LOL so true, in some instances it's the Western male friends that should be worried  :th_goodidea:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I would say you have every right to be jealous given how jealous they seem to be.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think western women are just as jealous but they hide it better. Then too they know they can always take half in a divorce, an option not available to most filipinas.

• Like 1