Where To Eat Valentines Day Dinner In Subic

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Any suggestions? I would like to take the wife somewhere nice. Preferably somewhere fancy where we can wear our nice clothes that we never get to wear.

jon1
Posted
Posted

In the Freeport, look at the Lighthouse Marina Hotel. They usually hold a nice Valentine's day dinner package (includes a photo, chinese lantern, dinner for 2). I think that I paid 2000p for that plus drinks (weren't included) back in 2012.

There is also a high end restaurant now at the Spanish Gate across from the Fire Station. I haven't eaten there but heard it's expensive.

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Both those places sound interesting. Thanks.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

The old Spanish Gate place is now called The Castle.  Supposed to be VERY good food.  I hear the filet mignon is awesome there.  Not a cheap place.  Aresi's is also decent and not really that expensive.  Wild Orchid has a dinner deal for about 700 pesos a person I think for a beef wellington dinner.

• Like 1

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Ended up going to Texas Joe. Not the most romantic place, but at least we got to eat a ton of protein with minimal carbs. So we were happy.

I do want to check out that Castle place though.

Also, where is Aresi's?

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Ended up going to Texas Joe. Not the most romantic place, but at least we got to eat a ton of protein with minimal carbs. So we were happy.

I do want to check out that Castle place though.

Also, where is Aresi's?

You past Aresi's on your way to Texas Joes.  It's on the same street on the same side just a few blocks down.

• 4 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

My partner and I like Texas Joe's, because we can take the children, and one of the waitresses is a friend. Dependably good steaks at a not-silly price. 

But for a romantic dinner, European style, it has to be The Castle. Expensive, but good.

The cheese board is good and well presented, the selection of Belgian beers is better than I have seen in Belgium,  the

"CR"s are of European standard, and the food, whilst it would not get a Michelin star, is sound. Be warned that the portions are very large.

Calculate on say 12K for a dinner for two with wine from the (good) wine list.  

Oh, and the cigars are not bad, either.

• Like 1