Philippine Sex Education

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our friend's three daughters attend a private, non-sectarian school. Mothers were told that a special instructor had been hired to teach about the "birds & bees" and they needed to sign a consent form. Fathers had not been informed as to what was about to take place.

The three daughters return home and one of the children has a grin on her face. Mother says nothing nor does she ask questions. Over dinner, the girl suddenly blurts out to her father, "I know what you and Mom did! THREE TIMES!"

We burst out laughing at the retelling of the story.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 4

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

That is priceless. I love how children think and there innocence.

I'm waiting for the day my 2 daughters do something like that.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

that is funny. but its scary  thing is that some actually believe it .

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:no: like Soooooo many other things here, If The Educators/ Parents even,  practiced, what they preached, we would not, have so many unwanted and or stray kids, unfed and unsheltered on the streets.

I know we can all laugh, at a lot of things But   :unsure:  :unsure: 

:tiphat:

• Like 5

Americano
Posted
Posted

Young girls do not need to be taught how to have sex. They learn that from watching dogs, goats, pigs, horses, etc. What they need to be taught is how not to be pregnant and how to wait for the best time in their life to have their first baby. Philippines society puts into young Filipina minds that as soon as they have a steady partner, if they are married or not, its time for them to become a baby factory. That attitude of the Filipino people needs to change if the number of unwanted teenage pregnancies is ever going to be reduced.

Many Westerners wait years after marriage before they decide its time to have a baby but I don't know any Filipinos who have. Most get pregnant and have a baby the first year.

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
That attitude of the Filipino people needs to change if the number of unwanted teenage pregnancies is ever going to be reduced.

Many Westerners wait years after marriage before they decide its time to have a baby but I don't know any Filipinos who have.

Americano I have liked &enjoyed your posts in the past,

I beg to differ w/you on this topic .

EDUCATION is the KEY to reduce unwanted pregnancies and to uplift the women here.

example is SPAIN they too are a very devout or was til the 1990's 

a Catholic country like the philippines

in less than 1 generation they have reduced their "size of families"..

HOW? by higher education for the women.

when the women realize that they can work.have a future   and "enjoy a better lifestyle",

the baby making machines close down..

also part of it is an OPEN MINDEDNESS of the Spanish society to discuss sexual health& the issues related to it.

GIVE the philippine woman a chance to have a HIGHER EDUCATION,* allow her make &to achieve goals

we should see a small but gradual reduction in population growth.

*and knowledge of her body/ sexual health/ reproduction issues  

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

I think you misunderstood what I meant. Of course they need to be educated but most of the emphasis should be on how to prevent pregnancy and on proper family planning. For example, the 3 sisters learned at school how their parents made them but were they taught why they haven't had 10 or 12 more children?  And, were they taught that a poor family have more children than they can properly raise only makes them poorer?

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

​Does this mean I have more or a less chance of supplementing my income by teaching sex in braille?

• Like 2

Miguk
Posted
Posted

As long as the Catholic church maintains its stranglehold on society things are not going to change.  Just look at the Reproductive Health bill?  Why is passing/implementing that even an issue?  Ok, if you don't like abortion -- fine.  But then you better like birth control.  The Philippines is the only country in the world that doesn't have a divorce law.  Even freaking Saudi Arabia has legal divorce!  It is only hurting women because why there indeed may be no divorce, do you think for a minute the guy who wants out sticks around cause he can't get a divorce?  Hell no - but because there is no divorce, there is no way to make him pay his obligations for his family.  So it is the women and children who suffer.

I am so sick of those hypocrites.  If they want to make/influence social policy then they need to be paying taxes like everyone else.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
HOW? by higher education for the women.  when the women realize that they can work.have a future   and "enjoy a better lifestyle", the baby making machines close down..

Very true. I see some successful filipinos and they have only 2 children. The parents and the children are educated. Not sex educated but educated to know that children cost money to raise properly.

• Like 4