Best Place To Find Wife?

american32
Posted
Posted

I am currently in Indiana. I have heard the phillipine women make good wives.

For someone looking to visit, and possibly stay.

Where do you recommend going, that is ok with Americans, and will give me a good choice.

Where do you recommend living?

Thank you for any tips your can give

Thank you,

robert k
Posted
Posted

Depends on what you are looking for. I think most filipinas would make attentive wives because that is the culture  but not all of them will have high education, some will have little english, someone may be helping them if you are chatting online. A wife will be where you find her. I found my fiancee online. If you look online I suggest you not commit but narrow the field to a half dozen or less and then visit. Send no money beyond a token gift. Narrow the field further after you arrive or make a selection, if she will have you after meeting you in person. :) Even then, don't be afraid to walk away and start chatting in person because marriage is a serious matter in the RP and not easily gotten out of as it is in the US. Make sure before you marry.

I never felt unwelcome anywhere I have been in the RP, but I have not been everywhere. If you are in Manila, I would say you need to use the same caution that you would in any large city be it New York or Los Angeles, if you don't like the looks of an area, turn around and go the other way, common sense. I can't tell you where to live because everyone is different and may want to be a city dweller, rural or inbetween. The common denominator is over 7,000 islands, there is usually a beach around somewhere, usually a mountain or two also. If you told what you are looking for in a place to settle, I bet you will get some suggestions. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The answers to your questions really depend on you. Your interests, where you want to live, the kind of lifestyle you want and what you are looking for in a wife.

One thing to understand is that family is everything in the Philippines. You will not only have a wife but will be married into her family. Not just her immediate family but extended family also. So it is very important that you meet and get to know her family.

Anywhere you go in the Philippines there are women who are interested in meeting and marrying a foreigner. People you meet often ask if you are married. If not they may mention that they have a daughter, cousin or niece you may want to meet.

Some on this forum have had very good experiences with their wives family. Others have not and try to live far enough from her family so they don't cause too many problems.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Try Church, 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Or Mosque,

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Try Church, 

Or Mosque,

Or Mall   :lol:

No, just joking. I suppouse it's risk them in Malls cost more to live with in average, like shoping...

As said above, you will get many offers from "everywhere".

If you have a good "scamradar" it's rather easy  =Find some trustworthy you like, and ask them

Or if you like to live rural, you can visit some rural places you like, until you find both nice place and nice wife  :)    although some of the "farmgirls" have went to city to work, so you can need to go there to visit them, but some good ones are still at home taking care of some older relative (IF you find it OK to live with/close to her relatives.)

Or if you have good "scamradar" you can try some datingsite, so you have one/few ready to visit when you arrive.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

maybe it was WiFi cause wife available is everywhere.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Maybe you should rent one first,  that way you can move to another if a better wife/wifi comes to be.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am currently in Indiana. I have heard the phillipine women make good wives.

For someone looking to visit, and possibly stay.

Where do you recommend going, that is ok with Americans, and will give me a good choice.

Where do you recommend living?

Thank you for any tips your can give

Thank you,

Everyone has a different idea of what a good wife is and I guess its the same every where, some marriages/relationships last forever, some don't. 

Perhaps take a trip to Cebu to start you're search, you can branch out to other parts of the Philippines from there if you wish too. As a foreigner you will be safe there as long as you use common sense in what you do, how you do it and attitude will help you through, a good attitude I mean. If you do not know much about the Philippines I suggest you take your time and read lots of different sections of this forum to make sure you know what may lie ahead. The Philippines is not for everyone so do your research well.

• Like 1