Airfare Usa West Coast To Manila?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone ever used Asap Tickets or CheapOair

I found, "Absolutely correct! Price advertised was 450 bucks for YVR to MNL. After I phoned and waited for the agents reply, it turned out to be 1181. Got the same ticket fro CheapOair for 960. Vayama was second best at 990. Expedia, Travelocity, et al were in the 1200+ range." At Trip Advisor. They didn't say a lot of good about either place.

Looking for the current best deal SFO or LAX or SEA to MNL round trip. CheapOair is advertising 960. Priceline is looking better with shorter layovers for $1060. That is 20 hours vs 32 hours travel time.

I see $980 @ http://www.airfasttickets.com on Asiana Airlines. Got that from another thread here. Any experience with them?

ANA Airlines was $1300, very expensive.

Thanks

Edit to add prices.

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

when LOOKING at the CHEAP FARES always ask or look at the FARE BASIS .

getting a CHEAP fare, it may have a poor FARE BASIS.

the fares you listed are pretty reasonable, ,

when i reviewed them lately appears that Taxes on some fares are over $150 or was that Taxes and "surcharges"?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Try a search directly on united.com. They partner with ANA but I have found that the prices direct from United are as good or better than the cheap flight websites.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

First step is to check the search engines for airfares. Be careful because they sometimes conceal additional fees. It appears as an additional charge on your credit card later.

Once I know the amount, I check the airline's website. Sometimes the identical amount appears. Sometimes the "promo" discount is even better. My wife and I have been using United Airlines recently. As you process the payment, they give an additional $25 loyalty discount. Service still shucks, but it's the same for all the domestic carriers.

For flights to Manila, United's policy is the first bag is free and the second is $100. It doesn't bother me because I travel light. I haven't checked recently, but international carriers like Philippines Airlines allow for two free check-in bags.

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Some great suggestions here guys. Many thanks.

I am thinking about booking flights for my wife and three year old daughter, from Manila/Clark or any other destination in the Philippines to Ottawa or Toronto Canada, but will want to fly any time after  May of this year when hopefully the weather there is better!

Have not as yet found something within my budget, but will keep looking.

Papa Carl

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Some great suggestions here guys. Many thanks.   I am thinking about booking flights for my wife and three year old daughter, from Manila/Clark or any other destination in the Philippines to Ottawa or Toronto Canada, but will want to fly any time after  May of this year when hopefully the weather there is better!   Have not as yet found something within my budget, but will keep looking.   Papa Carl

Airline computer systems use highly sophisticated programs to maximize their revenues. Each company has a different policy, but I find it difficult to find a cheap ticket more than 60 days before the departure date selected. As the travel date approaches, the computer makes adjustments based on the expected "load" on a given day. If the "load" is low, the computer program offers a lower price. Some airlines make it easier for their customers. For example, Hawaiian Airlines knows that seniors are more flexible as to dates. They not only give three days before and after, their website has daily prices for the next few weeks. It takes a while to learn how to navigate.

You can do the same for cruises. Escrow on our Honolulu condo closes on April 18th. We have to vacate one week before for cleaning and final walk through. Rather than staying at a Waikiki hotel, I decided to book a Hawaiian Islands cruise. The winter high season is from December 15th to March 15th. I figured there will be more empty cabins in April before the summer high season kicks in. I found one which would cost about the same as a good quality Waikiki hotel and meals. The vessel is the Norwegian "Pride of America." The best rate was an inside cabin with no windows. I booked it and then change my mind the next day. Since it is an upgrade to an exterior room with a balcony, the cruise company agreed. Of course, I had to pay a much higher price, but still a bargain compared to what other passengers are paying.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Some great suggestions here guys. Many thanks.

I am thinking about booking flights for my wife and three year old daughter, from Manila/Clark or any other destination in the Philippines to Ottawa or Toronto Canada, but will want to fly any time after  May of this year when hopefully the weather there is better!

Have not as yet found something within my budget, but will keep looking.

Papa Carl

We are going Manila to Toronto next month. I got our tickets from Cathay Pacific online at $2959 for 2 adults return with one stop in HK.

Passengers Fare Carrier Surcharges Taxes/Fees/Charges Total Fare
Adult x 2 USD 1,130.00 USD298.60 USD51.12 USD 2,959.44
Total Fare: USD 2,959.44

I just now checked with United.com for the same dates and got this with 3 , yes three stops.

Fare Details

2 Adults (age 18 to 64) $3,816.40   Additional Taxes/Fees $223.60   Total $4,040.00
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

There's a relatively new very flexible flight search called adioso.com that lets you put in all sorts of parameters, when the results come up you can easily check for weeks each side of your dates. It takes a bit of getting used to and is a little slow due to the large range of the search but I have found it useful.

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try a search directly on united.com. They partner with ANA but I have found that the prices direct from United are as good or better than the cheap flight websites.

I tried my same dates as from original post in united.com and got $1488 for something with layovers of less than 10 hours.

I tried within the next 2 months and got $1344 per person.  They are going SFO, HNL, GUM (SanFran, Honolulu, Guam)

Tried the adioso.com with flexible dates of 3 months Nov - Jan and got good direct flight for $1009 on Philippines Air from Expedia OR $841 with 1 stop of less than 5 hours on ANA, also from Expedia.  I LIKE those numbers. :thumbsup:

Edit: I put the same dates in Priceline.com and got $895 for comparable connecting flights and the same $1009 on Phil Air for direct flight.  Then I went to Philippines Airline site https://onlinebooking.philippineairlines.com/ and got the same $1009 for Budget Economy.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions folks. :tiphat:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
I tried my same dates as from original post in united.com and got $1488 for something with layovers of less than 10 hours. I tried within the next 2 months and got $1344 per person.  They are going SFO, HNL, GUM (SanFran, Honolulu, Guam)

That route comes up first but they also have routes with only one stop via Tokyo and a short layover of less than 2 hours.

For me United works better for price because I also need a connecting domestic flight in the US.

• Like 2