Unplanned Pregnancy And Lies

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Recently we discovered a young single family member had a baby boy last year. We have supported her education in good private schools through a BA in IT. Found out the last year tuition was spent on the baby not school. We were told she got her degree but it was just another lie.

I asked my wife and my sister in law "why is it protection was not used, did she know how baby are made?" Got blank looks all around.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Old55, I'm sorry to hear about that. Sorrier to hear that they lied to you for a year or more. I would be somewhat miffed, possibly to the point that if someone asked for school help I might answer that I don't want to pay for anymore babies, or waste years of tuition for somone who will not graduate.....both of which are true. :1 (103):

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Solution:  Pay the fees directly yourself.  My eldest pulled the same trick on me, only for 3 months and no baby though.  She re-enrolled in the end but frustrating as hell at the time.   Doesn't help you now Old55, but it can happen anywhere.. Late teens/early 20's being pains in out butts are universal.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 5

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I pay for 3 to go to college. One was 2 years into a 4 year course and decided it was too hard and switched to an easier course. My step daughter who is in high school needed to take summer classes to graduate and they were more expensive than the regular course. When they are all done school I will have invested over a million pesos   . In a place like this in my mind, should have taken that money and invested in a family business and put them all to work. But I promised my wife I would get the kids an education so......

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm not so angry with the lies they feared my wifes temper and lose of face I guess.

What makes me angry is a lost chance for a better life for not using simple protection.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
When they are all done school I will have invested over a million pesos . In a place like this in my mind, should have taken that money and invested in a family business and put them all to work.
Yes. I will aim at that (Give work to them, who show good enough working morale, but NOT support lazy ones at all...)

I will not even pay higher education for my own kids other than what they need for SELF studies including making tests (except IF they REALY want to get a job, which need exam.)

I'm not so angry with the lies they feared my wifes temper and lose of face I guess.
What makes me angry is a lost chance for a better life for not using simple protection.

Hard to get any good results by try to educating stupid... 

Recently we discovered a young single family member had a baby boy last year. We have supported her education in good private schools through a BA in IT. Found out the last year tuition was spent on the baby not school. We were told she got her degree but it was just another lie.
I asked my wife and my sister in law "why is it protection was not used, did she know how baby are made?" Got blank looks all around.

A GOOD thing with it, is you can use it as argument to not pay anything to anyone  :)  (except to old parents/grandparents).

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

A family member being deceitful and lying to you to get money from you is the same as a scammer to me and I hate both of them. It seems like every family in the Philippines has at least one person ready to scam us out of money and some families have several. There's so many in my wife's family that I can't count them. We have been scammed by them a few times but most failed in their scam attempts.

I agree with pay the tuition, hospital bill, etc yourself but its not always possible when they are far away on another island.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I found out she will graduate in May. She only had very little to finish Mamma and Pappa paid the remaining amount.

Not a total loss after all.

We dont feel as though we were scammed. I just get tired of lies biut it is just typical of the culture.

Still love my family regardles

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

I pay for 3 to go to college. One was 2 years into a 4 year course and decided it was too hard and switched to an easier course. My step daughter who is in high school needed to take summer classes to graduate and they were more expensive than the regular course. When they are all done school I will have invested over a million pesos   . In a place like this in my mind, should have taken that money and invested in a family business and put them all to work. But I promised my wife I would get the kids an education so......

Over one million pesos?  Are you sure you're not being robbed?  My wife says college where she's from in Mindanao is only 18,000. pesos per year and it may be as high as 40,000. here in Cebu.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

5000 a month or 60,000 a year for 5 years is 300,000 for each kid. I have 3 and there's lots of extra costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2