Married With Children - Planning To Move Out; Need Advice

fareed6
Posted
Posted

Dear friends,

I am an Iranian, married with kids living in Iran. I am planning to move out of the country for good, and I am not so sure about the destination. I am foreign educated with relatively diverse international background, and therefore, I am hopeful I'll be able to land a decently paying job / start a business in English [language] dominated countries.

I prefer not to get away far from the Middle east region like North America, and pick a destination somewhere in the Middle East / Asia. Having said that, I am open minded about any destination that meets my requirements. Like any other parent, my kids come first and their schooling requirements is a top priority without breaking the bank. My other priorities respectively are law and order, peacefulness, and friendly environment.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on Philipines as an option based on criteria just discussed.

Best regards,
Fareed A.

Curley
Posted
Posted

If I had kids and wanted them to have a good education, one of the last places I would be looking at is the Philippines. Without giving it much thought, Singapore would be on my list of places to look.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My other priorities respectively are law and order, peacefulness

These are not strong points for the Philippines. You may want to consider Malaysia, I was reading they are doing a recruitment push for middle eastern students. Ranked far behind Singapore and Hong Kong in education but well ahead of the Philippines.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

First thing to consider is the visa rules for working and living in the Philippines, business is another problem. Is your wife Filipina? 

Decent paying job, what are your qualifications as you cant just come to the Philippines and think you will get a job and more so a good paying one. 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

First thing to consider is the visa rules for working and living in the Philippines, business is another problem. Is your wife Filipina? 

Decent paying job, what are your qualifications as you cant just come to the Philippines and think you will get a job and more so a good paying one. 

Yes.

But I suppouse no problem to get the needed permits WITHOUT having Filipina wife, if employing at least 10 Filipins.

Foreigners can own 100% of EXPORT businesses. Call Centers and other such services for foreign companies are counted as export and such businesses are exbanding much in Phils, although some problem to find enough people to employ with enough English skill with a suiting accent, although the Philippine government make efforts to solve that.

fareed6
Posted
Posted

I just wanted to thank you all for the feedback and look forward to finding out more on the country