A Glitch.long Lines & The B.i. Departure,

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

and you thought trying to leave Saigon in april75 was tough,post-1293-0-15752900-1397541734_thumb.jp

post-1293-0-60659300-1397541499_thumb.jp

seems on monday a "computer glitch" delayed many travelers before they could clear immigration (BI) departure.

Thousands of annoyed passengers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1 queued for almost two hours just to be cleared at the immigration counters.

ABS-CBN News learned that the Bureau of Immigration’s computer systems conked out around 9:00 a.m. on Monday.

The whole computer system at the NAIA Terminal 1 also slowed down due to the reported computer glitch, resulting in the snail’s pace scanning of passports.

Thousands of passengers were forced to line up for almost two hours just to be processed at the immigration counters.

Many almost missed their flights.          Some international flights were also slightly delayed.

As of posting, the immigration computer system remains defective. :thats-funny:

Technicians are still looking into the problem. :kidding:

Many passengers are leaving Manila ahead of the Holy Week holidays. :999:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/04/14/14/long-queues-naia-due-computer-glitch

at 1st i was going to post this under" unusual,wacky but true news stories" of the philippines

but this story deserved its own post

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Same thing happened to me several years ago at NAIA going back to the states, but it wasn't BI but the airlines' systems that were down. They had to hand write everything. They got everyone through eventually, I don't know how. All flights delayed and, of course, there were missed connecting flights. Great way to get visitors to return.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Same thing happened to me several years ago at NAIA going back to the states, but it wasn't BI but the airlines' systems that were down. They had to hand write everything. They got everyone through eventually, I don't know how. All flights delayed and, of course, there were missed connecting flights. Great way to get visitors to return.

"Great way to get visitors to return."  You're right but its not the Filipino way to think about the future. When the number of visitors is reduced they will have no idea of why. Long delayes like this are very common in the Philippines, especially when you are dealing with a government agency.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

It is called "Hurry up and wait!"