Where Or Where Is My Joy Stick

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OK .... I know right from the start that this is going to open up a can of worms .... especially posts from my favorite sailor-man .... and no I don't mean Popeye .... but I just had to share this with you good people ..... 

I just recently got into Flight Simulator computer programs namely Microsoft FS X  and X-Plane .... but mostly in the helicopter range .... been TRYING to get by with my gamepad type controller but that is just hopeless ..... so I started looking around on various sites to see how to improve my learning experience and found that for a poorboy the most recommended item is the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick ...... 

When asked by newbies like myself on the various Flight Simulator websites and boards that is tho one that comes up as being the best one to start with .... now if cost was no problem you can get into life like simulators costing thousands of dollars but that ain't gonna happen to this ol' boy ....

So off we go today to try and find one here in Bacolod ..... yea right .... I saw more deer in the headlights look today than I have ever seen .... even with the pictures I brought ..... CDR King which shows some controllers on their web page had no idea even when I showed them a copy of their website page ..... we went to 4 of those because as you guys already know they don't call the other stores you gotta go there .... 

Octagon .... "oh no sir ... we don't carry those" even though they have one on their website .... but at least the guy did call around when he saw it ..... "none available sir" ,,,, "can you order it" .... "maybe sir .... give me your phone number and I will call you" ..... in other words don't expect to hear from us and go away you are bothering me ..... :hystery:

So I go on-line and find some stores in Manila and Cebu that do carry the exact same one I want ..... so now I have to check with them by calling and see if I can order it from them and have it shipped which to me is kinda a risky deal as once I have paid them I have no control over when and if I actually get it .... and then there is the little matter of the warranty ......

So back on line I go to see if I can have one sent from the US and here below is the results ..... just kindly look at the shipping cost as I assume it includes the BOC charges ..... unbelievable ....

post-11-0-21326500-1397902638_thumb.png

Anyway this just goes to show people who want to live here what you some times can expect ..... it ain't all sugar and spice .... ya also get vinegar and lemons ..... especially if you choose not to live in or near a major city ......... :hystery:  :hystery: 

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Is it not possible to get that shipped in a BB box?  You could have other electronics and hard to find items shipped with it and sell to friends there, perhaps enough to pay for joy stick and the $85 box freight. 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-686-0-08094200-1397934007_thumb.jpg Only $3,999 

xForce White Lightning Gaming System

Volair Sim Cockpit
Saitek Yoke
Saitek Pedals
Saitek Throttle Quadrant (2)
Pro Flight Switch Panel
Pro Flight Radio Panel
Pro Flight Multi Panel
Three Pro Flight LCD Instrument Panels
Three large, 27" Monitors

•New Intel Quad Core i5 4670K Processor overclocked to 4.0GHz

•Capable of displaying X-Plane and other games across three screens or just one

http://www.x-plane.com/store/hardware/

PS -- "I saw more deer in the headlights".......if you saw my joystick.....he, he.

Edited by Jake
spil cheek
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifMike S'sssss Passion.JPG Only $3,999 

Volair Sim Cockpit

Saitek Yoke

Saitek Pedals

Pro Flight Switch Panel

Pro Flight Radio Panel

Pro Flight Multi Panel

PS -- "I saw more deer in the headlights".......if you saw my joystick.....he, he.

Damn Tito Jake you just gave me a chubby and not because of the last sentence of you post ..... :mocking: .... that flight sim would be the ultimate dream for any flight sim enthusiast ..... but you know some people are complaining that the Saitek controls don't last as long considering the price you pay ..... just what I read anyway .... but then I'm just getting into th hobby .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifMike S'sssss Passion.JPG Only $3,999 

Volair Sim Cockpit

Saitek Yoke

Saitek Pedals

Pro Flight Switch Panel

Pro Flight Radio Panel

Pro Flight Multi Panel

Damn Tito Jake you just gave me a chubby and not because of the last sentence of you post ..... :mocking: .... that flight sim would be the ultimate dream for any flight sim enthusiast ..... but you know some people are complaining that the Saitek controls don't last as long considering the price you pay ..... just what I read anyway .... but then I'm just getting into th hobby .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

I never had the pleasure of actually playing with a joystick.  I'm an old dinosaur, still with a keyboard and mouse.

My current game right now is a tank simulation game called Steel Beast Pro, personal edition.  It's an awesome

game popular among the army tankers of all flags, especially in the European theater.  I'm still getting my ass

kicked using an Abrams tank -- I get no respect sometimes.  

Anyway, whenever you get your new stick, please let me know which of your buttons to press, OK?

By the way......what kind of joystick is that if you only had a chubby?  Goddamn Marines.......

• Like 2