Srrv Philippines Retirement Visa

Gerry the Brit
Posted
Posted

Hi 

has anyone on this site have or gone through the process of a SRRV visa.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I'm about to commence the ex-military SRRV process Gerry; I'll update as it happens.  I'd imagine it's the same as every other other option with regards to fighting the paper war but it's much cheaper. 

Gerry the Brit
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett

Would be very thankful if you could post how you get on

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I'm about to commence the ex-military SRRV process Gerry; I'll update as it happens.  I'd imagine it's the same as every other other option with regards to fighting the paper war but it's much cheaper. 

I don't know if it's different for military SRRV, but common SRRV has an expensive* condition compared to other VISAs, which made I don't find it good, because I don't want such amount stucked in bank.

*Not expensive for them, who have biger amounts of cash laying in banks anyway, but I want my capital to work.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The advantage of the SRRV "Courtesy Visa" is you pay $1,500 for the application and a small annual fee. The deposit requirements are minimal. While the idea is to promote the visa to a specific audience (military retirees), the liberalized rules allows others to qualify. For example, someone with a Masters or Ph.D. can qualify. 

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just $1500USD Thomas, then no additional cost after that.  I'm sure that there's going to be the usual "admin" and "research" levy's during the process but after it's approved, no more fees..  Well I've hunted around and can't find any other fees anyway.  Again, I'll keep you all updated. 

Edit:  Over time, if you're in for the long haul, it does work out cheaper than the tourist visa.  Not sure about the spouse visa though. 

Edited by BrettGC

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Question for you JJ:  Does it come it come under the former diplomat or former Filipino citizen criteria.  I can't find the specific visa on the BI or PRA websites.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Question for you JJ:  Does it come it come under the former diplomat or former Filipino citizen criteria.  I can't find the specific visa on the BI or PRA websites.

Yes. The PRA Board of Trustees expanded the interpretation as to who can qualify for a Courtesy Visa. It use to be limited to former diplomats and former Filipino citizens.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Yes. The PRA Board of Trustees expanded the interpretation as to who can qualify for a Courtesy Visa. It use to be limited to former diplomats and former Filipino citizens.

Yep, understood, but the age difference vary for the two you mentioned.  One being 50 and the other being 35 respectively. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Just $1500USD Thomas, then no additional cost after that.
But it has to stay in the bank. Such amount can be enough to finance equipment so two (depending of which business) ADDITIONAL unemployed Filipins can get work...