How Many Aussies Here And Tell Us About You

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm not a frequent visitor here, more a voyeur than a participant, maybe once or twice per month logging on, but on occasions when I find something interesting I might PM a poster on here to seek further advice.

More often than not in one of the first couple of PM's I usually state my personal stats introducing myself, eg. 48yo, single male, employed, hoping to retire in ten years time, move to Phils, my goal for contacting them, what some of my interests are that might be pertinent to my situations as it relates to them or their post, blaa, blaa, blaa you get the gist.

I'm hoping by doing this it gives them a better idea of who I am. 

Everybody so far I have contacted always respond with similar info about themselves and helps me create a picture of that person in my mind, good or bad, which helps me relate to their posts easier.

It's much like I used to do when I was sending an msg to one of the many "thousands" of girls I have met online thru dating sites .... That's why I put this post it under this forum heading :)

Anyway, thought it might be interesting for us to share a bit or as much about each other that we care to share .... I'll kick it off, please feel free to add whatever you wish about yourself. 

48 yo Aussie male,

Never married

No kids

Currently live/work in AU and every holiday in the last 3 years I have gone to Phils

Worked full time for Aust Post since leaving school in various towns/cities throughout south western QLD

Have a GF I've known for about 5 years online, 3 years physically and the last year serious about taking our relationship further. We've decided (well I was told) that I should now be exclusive to her!

Been to Phils 3 times in the last 3 years. 

GF spent 3 months with me in AU 2013/14

Pastimes: Motor sports, Poker, Gambling, Car Shows, Deep sea fishing, Meeting new and interesting people (online or in person), Body doesn't allow me to drink to excess anymore, but still don't mind sitting in a bar chatting, Reading forums about life in Phils

Goal: Earn/invest enough money in order to not holiday but relocate and live comfortably in the Phils one day. Part of the year or permanently!

Who's up, any Aussies or anyone for that matter care to share info about themselves to give us an idea of who you are????

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Paul,

I'm going to lead the pack and tell you a little about me:

Filipino male, age 63, born in Olongapo City, immigrated to US at age 6

Divorced once with 4 plus 1 children -- one came from previous marriage to a Filipina.

Happily married to Judy, 29th anniversary next month

Retired from US Navy (senior combat system tech) and also collecting SS retirement 
Still considering going back to PI for extended vacation, at least to finally meet you guys

Pastime: Hobie Cat, windsurfing, tennis, photography and hanging out under the escalator  

Goal: to live long and prosper - with my companion by my side, watching the sunset as well as the sunrise

That's the story of my life.....my philosophy in life is reflected in my signature.  

I get no respect sometimes.....he, he.

• Like 3

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Good stuff, thanks Jake.

Did I read somewhere you had spent time in AU or was that more so extended stayovers during your naval time chasing our girls and drinking our rum?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Good stuff, thanks Jake.

Did I read somewhere you had spent time in AU or was that more so extended stayovers during your naval time chasing our girls and drinking our rum?

Hey Paul,

Of all the WestPac cruises I made in the navy, I finally visited Australia for my first and last time.

We pulled into the festive city of Perth in 1983.  As you may know, the Aussies took the America's 

Cup from the yanks with their winged keel 12 meter racing yacht.  Good onya mate!

post-686-0-40978200-1401165446_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not, I didn't chase any ladies.  I'm probably the only US sailor that doesn't have a girl-

friend in every port.  I was proud to show my wedding band, worn tightly around my neck...he, he.

Horn Dog sailor -- Jake

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Firstly Paul, sorry for not catching up with you and your lady earlier this year when you were on the Gold Coast.  Secondly say g'day to Jim for me; we were in the same room in RAN recruit school  :cheersty: .

45 yo Aussie male,

Divorced, now engaged again

3 from my marriage (f23, m21, f17) plus a 16yo step-daughter to be.

Currently live/work in aust

20 years in the Navy, then various jobs whilst studying including, managing a bar, Grog shop manager (BWS), training manager for a telemarketing company, Social Worker for a well known charity here, managing an adult shop, and now occasionally lecturing in Social Work, indigenous issues and sociology whilst trying to talk myself out of my PhD.  Still do the odd shift in the Adult shop when they're short on people.     

Known Short Angry One for about 16 years.  She's my eldest daughter's, best friend's, older sister.  She's Aust/Filipina dual national and bounces between here and PH.  I've known here since was about 14, she's 8 years older than her sister, we hooked up at my daughter's 21st when when she was 29.  Went our separate ways for a bit and exchanged formal declarations of love and commitment about April last year lol.  Well much like you, I was told this was happening but happy to go along for the ride, she's the best thing to ever happen to me relationship-wise, ever  :thumbsup:.  Only downside is she's always on my back to give up smoking, it's not the stink she doesn't like, it's the health aspect and given our age difference, she's always telling me that she wants me around for as long as possible.  Understandable as she's a widow.  She's financially independent and actually helped me out of a jam last year, but having said that when she was short on funds I helped pay for her brother's treatment for pneumonia earlier this year; it's a two way street with us.   

Been to PH many times over the years but lately spending 3-4 months there a year spread over a couple of trips.  

Pastimes: Despite the smoking, staying fit.  Surfing, still play the occasional game of veterans rugby here, wine, reading, diving, online games, short dark-haired women with killer smiles which leads into Aikido (SAO is also into this, and she kicks my butt on a regular basis when we go to training together despite being 4'11 and only 42kg's, but I guess that's the point of Aikido)

Goal: Same goal as you basically.  To be able sit on my balcony in Guilhulngan across the road from the beach(no, I can't pronounce it properly either) with SAO next to me, sipping a red or a San Magoo, with my biggest problem in the world being "hmmm, what should we have for dinner". 

• Like 2

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Maybe I should not have put the "Aussies" in the headline, this thread is going a bit slow, be interesting to hear from anyone ... I can also understand maybe many don't care to share - all good.

Brett, shame we didnt catch up on the Gold Coast, but my time was limited and as I mentioned via our PM's, think I'd rather meet you in person first without the "now fiancee" around so I can pick your brains about a filipinas mindset and all you've learnt, or as most would profess to, not learnt LOL

I'm very envious of most of the guys on here as a lot seem to have been in the armed forces and sitting comfortably on a pension with others capable of working at home in IT/online earning an acceptable disposable income. I'm sort of restricted for the time being of where my disposable income comes from and not capable of pulling up roots for now - maybe I am putting to many limitations on myself!

• Like 1