Eruf Goods On Their Way

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

First lot of donated ambulance equipment shipped safe and sound.

post-3353-0-91486700-1402396163_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good to hear.

Did you manage to get the boogie board I sent you loaded in time for that shipment.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Good to hear.

Did you manage to get the boogie board I sent you loaded in time for that shipment.  :rolleyes:

haha....maybe next time....now I need to find $1200 for the medical supplies donation I have sitting in Fremantle.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In Hawaii, the firetrucks have surfboards as part of their rescue equipment. The locals would tell visitors the surfboards were for the firemen to go surfing at the end of their shift. So the fire department painted the word, RESCUE on all the boards.

In terms of sending the medical supplies, talk to the airlines about free shipping. They may agree to ship on a "sub-load" or subject to load basis. Packages are sent when there is space available. For Balikbayan boxes to be sent to a charity in the Philippines, our Canadian friends who own the business allow free shipping if there is still space available in the container. Since they ship one 40 foot container a week, eventually all the charity boxes get shipped. If there is a company in Australia shipping boxes, perhaps they may agree to do the same.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

In Hawaii, the firetrucks have surfboards as part of their rescue equipment. The locals would tell visitors the surfboards were for the firemen to go surfing at the end of their shift. So the fire department painted the word, RESCUE on all the boards.

In terms of sending the medical supplies, talk to the airlines about free shipping. They may agree to ship on a "sub-load" or subject to load basis. Packages are sent when there is space available. For Balikbayan boxes to be sent to a charity in the Philippines, our Canadian friends who own the business allow free shipping if there is still space available in the container. Since they ship one 40 foot container a week, eventually all the charity boxes get shipped. If there is a company in Australia shipping boxes, perhaps they may agree to do the same.

Good advice. I have been looking all over Australia for that type of deal, however as of yet, no joy. I might have to bite the bullet with the medical supplies and pay for itself myself :(.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Good to hear.

haha....maybe next time....now I need to find $1200 for the medical supplies donation I have sitting in Fremantle.

woohoo! just got a nice cash donation that should cover most of the shipping cost for the donated medical supplies.

• Like 3