Posted
Posted

this trip, I ll be overstaying by 3 days

I m happy to pay a fine at airport what ever that might be

Or will I have big dramas departing??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Do you want to take the risk of missing your flight? Not knowing your situation but if you have been in the Philippines for 6 months or more you will also need a ECC.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There is always a possibility of finding a friendly exit official who will let it pass but those are becoming harder to find as the rules get stricter.

Apart from that, you will, of course, have some drama at the airport, there will be a fine (probably 1,000 pesos) and you will still have to pay the renewal fee, (complete with cost of ACR card if required) for the visa you would have had to buy if you went to BI and followed their procedures. 

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would suggest a trip to the BI. They have a quite effective computer database, as a British friend found to his cost. If you are recorded as an "overstayer" this time, you may become a subject of interest in the future.

It may be a bit late for this advice, but it is possible to extend your stay on arrival.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
changed BIR to BI as BIR is Bureau of Internal Revenue and have nothing to do with Bureau of Immigration
  • Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

The overstay fine is supposed to be 500p per month.

I overstayed one time by 2 days, The guy at the airport wanted over 4000p for the fine, I told him I didnt have any money and that i would post it to him when I got back to my country, He gave me his name and address to send it too,,,I never did send it,

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Go to the office they will not let you slide by anymore 

you chance missing your flight or at least paying way more at the airport and being a overstayer  will go on the books 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Exactly; times are different now.

Edited by Methersgate

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I was late 1 day. !,000 pesos please

paulus
Posted
Posted

The last three times I extended my Visa (9a) in the local field office, my friendly ACO advised not to be late extending. I never am - always one or two weeks in advance. But each time, I left the office with the impression that there is a deeper message in her words - a foretelling?.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Do not play with BI. The new head Sigfried Mison is the toughest and strictist commissioner to date. From what has been posted so far, he has no trouble making your life a living hell and won't lose a wink of sleep over it. Take heed.

• Like 3