Video Downloader Now With Youtube Search Built-In!

Markham
Posted
Posted

I sent you a PM, Phil, asking you to email me a copy of your "history.dat" file. If there is any problem with the content of that file, the program stops working. I have now fixed the problem but I want to be sure that this bug is the one biting your installation.

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I sent you a PM, Phil, asking you to email me a copy of your "history.dat" file. If there is any problem with the content of that file, the program stops working. I have now fixed the problem but I want to be sure that this bug is the one biting your installation.

The program doesn't stop working now.  It opens after several seconds.  The only problem I can see is only about the top left 1/4 of the downloader window is visible. Ok I will check your PM later. Its 6:36 AM now and I have been up all night.

Edited to say:  I just clicked in messages and I didn't see a message from you.

Edited by Americano

Markham
Posted
Posted

I have found a nasty bug that could cause the program to stop working for no apparent reason. The bug is not in my code, rather in Microsoft's which fails to generate a trappable exception in certain instances. I have updated the program to incorporate a work-around for this.

The problem affected the history database ("History.dat") and now the program will attempt to repair that file should it become damaged. If repair is not possible, the history file is renamed to "History.SAV" and a fresh history file is created.

Phil: This should work for you; if it doesn't, I'm going to need a lot more information about your PC and operating system. 

SetUp530.zip

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Hi ,

Do you have or know where I can find a Mac OXS Mavericks version of this ?

Markham
Posted
Posted

Here's version 5.5 which includes a "Bookmarks" facility through which you can 'mark' videos for download later. You add the video by clicking on the "heart" button on the Search Tab.

SetUp550.zip

Enjoy!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hi ,

Do you have or know where I can find a Mac OXS Mavericks version of this ?

I use a Chrome browser extension on Mac OSX Mavericks called Video Downloader Professional. Used it maybe a dozen times and it has worked ok.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Here's version 5.55. No new features, just some cleaned-up code especially that responsible for the user interface - it should work more logically and smoothly.

There was a bug in the code that handles Youtube which meant that not all the different versions of a video were shown as available for download. The program also now recognises Youtube's 4kHD.

Here's the download:

SetUp555.zip

Enjoy!

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Mark,

I downloaded and installed  SetUp530.zip    SetUp550.zip  and  SetUp555.zip  I did one each day and then checked the results.

Every download and installation seemed to work correctly, but the Downloader window is still very small,  4 3/4" Wide X 3 1/2" High  so I cannot see all of the Downloader screen and therefore cannot see if it operates.

This strangest part to me is how can it do this on my desktop and laptop when my desktop mother board, hard drive and software all came from the Philippines and my Toshiba laptop was purchased last year in the USA in a Wal-Mart store and still has all of its original components and software?

Do you know if others have downloaded it without the problem that I have?

I mostly use my desktop so let me know if there is something you need to know about it.

Thanks for your help,

Phillip

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

I downloaded and installed  SetUp530.zip    SetUp550.zip  and  SetUp555.zip  I did one each day and then checked the results.

Every download and installation seemed to work correctly, but the Downloader window is still very small,  4 3/4" Wide X 3 1/2" High  so I cannot see all of the Downloader screen and therefore cannot see if it operates.

This strangest part to me is how can it do this on my desktop and laptop when my desktop mother board, hard drive and software all came from the Philippines and my Toshiba laptop was purchased last year in the USA in a Wal-Mart store and still has all of its original components and software?

Do you know if others have downloaded it without the problem that I have?

I mostly use my desktop so let me know if there is something you need to know about it.

Thanks for your help,

Phillip

That is about the correct size!

When the program starts, it should look like this:

post-190-0-96033700-1411965339_thumb.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

If you then click on "Search Youtube", the window size increases slightly:

post-190-0-29101700-1411965363_thumb.png   

And here's the main window again as it appears after a Youtube movie has been selected and is now in the process of being downloaded:

post-190-0-83216000-1411965355_thumb.png

Note that the Download Tab's label now reads "Downloads (1)" to indicate that one file is currently being downloaded. And here is that download:

post-190-0-82055100-1411965688_thumb.png

At the risk of teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs, I offer this instructional aid:

post-190-0-26814500-1411966128_thumb.png

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

Every download and installation seemed to work correctly........

Thanks for your help,

Phillip

That is about the correct size!

At the risk of teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs, I offer this instructional aid:

attachicon.gifEggs.png

Hello Markham,

We appreciate you taking those extra steps to finally resolve this problem for Phillip.  I'm sure by now, that he

is celebrating by sucking a few baluts instead and chasing it with some San Magoo......he, he.

Well done guys!