Video Downloader Now With Youtube Search Built-In!

Markham
Posted
Posted

It would be nice to know if Philip's problem is resolved ...

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but I didn't want to bother you.  You have been so kind to make the downloader and do all of the updates and then share them with us. I hate to tell you about problems I have with it but since you asked I will tell you.

Its good to know that my Downloader screen is about the right size but as I told you in an earlier post I cannot see all of the buttons.  For example in Post #1 of this topic you posted a picture of the Search YouTube screen.  I cannot see the white block to the right of Author or the Search button down below it. And, I can't see anything below the girls' feet until you get down to the menu bar at the bottom.  Its the same on the other screens too.  I can only see the top left corner which appears to only be about 1/2 of the downloader screen.

Thanks for your help,

Phillip

Markham
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid to say, Phil, that it's only you that is having any problems; no-one else has reported similar symptoms. There could be any number of reasons for your symptoms, including:

• Buggy display (graphics) driver
  • Insufficient shared memory - some PCs are designed such that part of the main memory is used by the display driver and the amount used by the display can be set in the PC's BIOS. It may be set on the low side for your display resolution.
  • Infection by a computer virus/trojan

Was the last version that ran successfully for you Version 4.5 and none of the Version 5.x releases work for you? If that's the case, your problem may be a corrupt installation of Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've done somne preliminary work on improving the built-in player's features with Playlists. This capability will improve as time goes on.

This new version also fixes a number of glitches - mostly incorrect info being givgen or buttons enabled or disabled incorrectly. You can now do some fairly basic editing of the movie's stored details - see History -> Extras menu.

post-190-0-69815900-1413884042_thumb.png

Enjoy!

SetUp575.zip

post-190-0-38413400-1413883541_thumb.png

Edited by Markham

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mark,

When I have time I will try your newest version on all 3 of my computers. If the problem is with my desktop then one or both of my laptops should work correctly since all 3 of my computers have different operating systems and software.

Thanks for all your help,

Phillip

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem on my new laptop. I installed the 1st ver in this thread, removed it and installed the last. When I try to open the program I immediately get a windows error that it's stopped responding. The program never opens. This is Windows 8.1 Update. It ran fine on my previous Win 7 laptop. I believe everything is up to date, the laptop isn't 2 weeks old. I don't want to troubleshoot it, I'll find something else but I wanted to let you know Americano isn't the only one having the issue.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem on my new laptop. I installed the 1st ver in this thread, removed it and installed the last. When I try to open the program I immediately get a windows error that it's stopped responding. The program never opens. This is Windows 8.1 Update. It ran fine on my previous Win 7 laptop. I believe everything is up to date, the laptop isn't 2 weeks old. I don't want to troubleshoot it, I'll find something else but I wanted to let you know Americano isn't the only one having the issue.

Did you allow Setup to install Ffmpeg and the Codec Pack?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I checked ffmpeg, I did not check the 1st option because the message said I already had the codec files. 

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

My newest laptop is a Toshiba and only about 1 year old from Wal-Mart in Alabama. I usually just keep it in my storage room and use it on special occasions or for traveling. Its the computer that I was installing your YouTube Downloader on last year and it worked very well.  In the next day or two I will uninstall whichever Downloader is on it now and install the latest version.  I will let you know the results and try to find the HISTORY.DAT file if you need it.

Phillip

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

I checked ffmpeg, I did not check the 1st option because the message said I already had the codec files. 

I think I know why it's not working for you. You're running Windows 8.1 and the only version of the NET framework that can be used on that platform (according to Microsoft) is 4.51. That would be fine except that Net 4.51 doesn't work with any other version of Windows. Don't you just love that megalomaniac company?!

Hi Mark,

My newest laptop is a Toshiba and only about 1 year old from Wal-Mart in Alabama. I usually just keep it in my storage room and use it on special occasions or for traveling. Its the computer that I was installing your YouTube Downloader on last year and it worked very well.  In the next day or two I will uninstall whichever Downloader is on it now and install the latest version.  I will let you know the results and try to find the HISTORY.DAT file if you need it.

Phillip

If you haven't been able to run any version from 5.0 onwards, you won't have a History.Dat file.

Edited by Markham