Can I Get Xxl Tee Shirts

Gerry the Brit
Posted
Posted

Hope my fellow bloggers can help me out.

I will be in Davao in September, I don't want to really take too much clothing with me, as I believe locally sold  tee shirts at markets don't cost much.

But I take a size XXL ( both UK and USA  XXL fit me well ) for Tee Shirts, will I be able to get that size that fits me in Davao ?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You have to really be careful with clothes sizes here.  I bought 2 shirts - at the same store in Cebu.  One was in the touristy section and was XL (my size in the US), the other was in the more local section, and was 3XL... the XL was a little bigger than the 3XL!    I have a very hard time finding shirts in my size - and will be shipping some from the US when I go back for a visit.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Second what Tim has to say.  In the USA, I wore large.  Since arriving in the Philippines, I have lost 50 pounds, but now wear an XL

(pinoy size).  I would advise you bring as large a supply as you can reasonably get in your luggage.  

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the USA I wore a L size but here XL is needed because the sizes are smaller here for most t-shirts.  Some imported t-shirts may be the same as US sizes but there's not many of them here. On display you may only see small and medium and sometimes large because Filipino men are small people. To get the larger sizes you probably need to ask the store clerk if she can help you find a larger size. Sometimes the larger sizes are in the stock room.

I think the best advice is to try on all clothes before you buy them. You can not go by the size on its label.

What seems ridiculous to me is how many clothes here are free size which means they fit all sizes.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

LOL....I have a terrible size finding any shirts my size in Cebu. I usually take XL....but the Cebu XL is no where near my size. :)

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Same for me.

Free T shirt fashion advice from She Who Must Be Obeyed - "White guys should always choose a dark colour; it makes them look better - and never, ever, beige!"

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

My girl takes me yuka-yuka, good shirts 40 pesos each, she tells me I am cheap charlie :thumbsup:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Same for me.

Free T shirt fashion advice from She Who Must Be Obeyed - "White guys should always choose a dark colour; it makes them look better - and never, ever, beige!"

and you must be colored coordinated, or so my girl tells me :mocking:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I would weight what I bring to favor what I would wear most.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

My girl takes me yuka-yuka, good shirts 40 pesos each, she tells me I am cheap charlie :thumbsup:

The yuka-yuka cracks me up, I once drove past one in Manduae, and these 2 pinays were having a fight to the death over a peice of clothing that they had both found at the same time. :)

• Like 2