Play It Cool Or Direct Approach?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I saw some comments in another thread that got me thinking about this topic. What is the best approach?

Is it best to play it cool? Not shy but cool. Walk around, observe, get to know people and see girls along the way and then make a choice? Or just get right to the point and ask them if they want a boyfriend? Or a combo of both.

I can see playing it cool avoids you getting the reputation that you are on the hunt and hence making you look bad or attracting the wrong girls. But being direct you avoid wasting time. However with the direct approach you might get a lot of hurt feelings because they may feel they are "the chosen one" already.

Any thoughts gents?

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Asking a stranger if they want a bf can get you hurt or worse. Until you know your way around a little "play it cool".

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Asking a stranger if they want a bf can get you hurt or worse. Until you know your way around a little "play it cool".

Point well taken! To be fair to the persons that suggested this they said it should be preceded by do you have a boyfriend or husband.

When I was single I found it best to start with a compliment and to then ask a question or two.

You could start with something like "You don't sweat much for a fat girl".

Follow this with a couple of questions, "Do you like mangos?" Would you mind paying for a room?

If these suggestions work RUN.

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
just get right to the point

Always worked for me.  But its HOW you gt right to the point that matters.

Example:  I'm sorry that I keep looking at you but I find you so attractive.  Can I just give you my number so you can think about it for a while.  If you text me then we can chat.  (Then say goodbye and walk away)

Result:  Over half the time she is texting me within 15 minutes.

Example 2:  Walk up to a girl who is texting.  You have your phone in your hand.  Ask her if she is "insert any name here"  Explain that you were supposed to meet that girl here and it was a blind date so when you saw her texting then you thought she may be the one you were to meet.

Result:  Works at least 75% of the time.

Of course if everyone else is trying the same lines then they are not going to work so well.  Be original.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Is it best to play it cool? Not shy but cool. Walk around, observe,

:unsure:  :rolleyes:  My friend, fear not here,  As you are walking around Observing and being Cool

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :rolleyes:  My friend, fear not here,  As you are walking around Observing and being Cool

So you think that is the best approach JP?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :rolleyes:  Well my friend, from my own experience and no doubt others here, you don't need to worry too much on this score. Once you are outside the terminal  and you are walking around Observing, You  will also be, Observed, when those that are Observing you, are sure, you are on your own, and not meeting anyone (especially if they realize, it is your First time Arriving here [and they can tell] { :unsure:  in your case though, it may be, not so Obvious } I can almost guarantee an approach will be made.)

Many times comes to mind, what lines, some ladies start with but it is usually a start, of Something. Need a Taxi, Need A Hotel. Of course Common sense and a sense of Caution, should always, be in your mind  But Hey, you take it from there.

Always remembering that Wherever you meet a Lady, you are never going to be 100% sure, of just who is Observing you or them!

Airports are not, a good Place to meet a lady you have never spoken to before (not even on the Internet)

But as I say, from My experience of Arriving on my own, at MNanila or Cebu, They are always there, Hoping to get a man.

:no: I would never suggest that you strike up a Friendship, from this type of meeting, just pointing out that some Ladies, are looking for a man as we men, may look for a lady and what better place, than at an Airport. Bit like a foreigners marketplace.  :rolleyes:

Good luck on your quest. :thumbsup:

BTW when can we expect to hear you are in the PI (If i missed this, Sorry to ask.)

Morning All :tiphat:  :morning1:

{from a Very Very Slow Connection this morning} 

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

:unsure:  :rolleyes:  Well my friend, from my own experience and no doubt others here, you don't need to worry too much on this score. Once you are outside the terminal  and you are walking around Observing, You  will also be, Observed, when those that are Observing you, are sure, you are on your own, and not meeting anyone (especially if they realize, it is your First time Arriving here [and they can tell] { :unsure:  in your case though, it may be, not so Obvious } I can almost guarantee an approach will be made.)

Many times comes to mind, what lines, some ladies start with but it is usually a start, of Something. Need a Taxi, Need A Hotel. Of course Common sense and a sense of Caution, should always, be in your mind  But Hey, you take it from there.

Always remembering that Wherever you meet a Lady, you are never going to be 100% sure, of just who is Observing you or them!

Airports are not, a good Place to meet a lady you have never spoken to before (not even on the Internet)

But as I say, from My experience of Arriving on my own, at MNanila or Cebu, They are always there, Hoping to get a man.

:no: I would never suggest that you strike up a Friendship, from this type of meeting, just pointing out that some Ladies, are looking for a man as we men, may look for a lady and what better place, than at an Airport. Bit like a foreigners marketplace.  :rolleyes:

Good luck on your quest. :thumbsup:

BTW when can we expect to hear you are in the PI (If i missed this, Sorry to ask.)

Great advice JP and thanks. I plan on a year from now give or take a month or two. If I get restless it could be 6 but I doubt it. I am a planner and saver.  :thumbsup:

Edited by El Negrito

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I plan on a year from now give or take a month or two. If I get restless it could be 6

:rolleyes:  :)  I smile here just now, I wish I had 10 piso for every time I hear this. You know, the more you think about coming, the more Restless you will get. Maybe, we will raise a glass or two around Xmas. :cheers:  For now though, please save and save, no doubt, you will come to read about the cost of Living here , there are many Topics on the subject, Health costs, will be one you need to consider very carefully. (not wishing to be negative but as we get older, it  will not always be Wine, Women and Song :cheersty:  the Serious things happen here too and we have to be prepared. :unsure:

JP :tiphat:  :hystery: ( Did I tell you about the taxi Driver Scam, I nearly had thrown on me in 2009) NO? OK next time maybe.) :rolleyes:

• Like 3