Nice Ways To Say No?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

If things are like everyone says they are in the Philippines, and I have no doubt they are, one must need to say no fairly often to offers either from a girl herself or to family or friends of her.

What are some nice and polite ways to say you are not interested in someone that won't offend them?

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
No I meant to tell them you aren't interested in the first place. But your point is well taken because I should have asked about if things don't work out. I don't believe in sex before marriage so not too worried about test driving. hehe

Now you are starting to worry me.

I am not sure that the Philippines, with its generally lax (and "double") standard of sexual "morality", is really the place for you to look for a long term companion, given your own high standards in such matters.

As Frosty says, sex is the national pastime.

Remember your own Ambassador puts the proportion of visitors to the Philippines who are sex tourists ("sexpats") at 40%.

The idea of a foreigner who does not want to "try before you buy" will seem rather strange to most Filipinas of the age to interest you - not all, but most. There are such things as virgins, I believe, I have heard them spoken of, but I don't recall meeting one over the age of, say, 23.

The last virgin that I heard speak of is still on, so far as I know, and is the friend of a friend - she comes from a dirt poor background, was raised in a squatter hut in Makati. Today she holds down a good job in Makati City Hall and supports the rest of her family, but when I first heard of her she was a student, who spent her mornings in class, her afternoons helping her mother with a fruit stall and her nights as a bar girl in a bar in P Burgos Street.

That's right - a virgin bar girl. She chatted to customers and they bought her drinks, but they never bought her out. Consequently she never went home early, and so she had to leave the bar every day at 4 or 5 am, go home, get three hours sleep and get to class. She is quite famous within her circle of friends, and I must say she shows what can be done with determination.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I show them my wedding ring and "sorry, I don't think my wife would like it".

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sometimes we have to think, to ourselves. What Part of NO don't they understand. :hystery:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Sometimes we have to think, to ourselves. What Part of NO don't they understand. :hystery:

:hystery:

The entire concept! 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

No I meant to tell them you aren't interested in the first place. But your point is well taken because I should have asked about if things don't work out. I don't believe in sex before marriage so not too worried about test driving. hehe

Now you are starting to worry me.

I am not sure that the Philippines, with its generally lax (and "double") standard of sexual "morality", is really the place for you to look for a long term companion, given your own high standards in such matters.

As Frosty says, sex is the national pastime.

Remember your own Ambassador puts the proportion of visitors to the Philippines who are sex tourists ("sexpats") at 40%.

The idea of a foreigner who does not want to "try before you buy" will seem rather strange to most Filipinas of the age to interest you - not all, but most. There are such things as virgins, I believe, I have heard them spoken of, but I don't recall meeting one over the age of, say, 23.

The last virgin that I heard speak of is still on, so far as I know........

Hey Big El,

I can see your noble cause (a western culture perhaps) of maintaining a monogamous relationship but 

I have to agree with Andrew and Frosty......you're not in Kansas anymore.  You need to kick the tires

before a test drive and see if she's hitting on all 8 cylinders......he, he.  

Go for the red line........

• Like 3