A Woman Without A Heart And A Man With Too Much

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I don't think she can be deported since they already have an established marriage-all be it from the Phl. This seems to be a case of  marital problems (neglect) whereas the OP is giving his "perception" of how she is acting-and he-in his own opinion- has equated her being on US soil with her about face attitude. An attorney (or judge) would have to hear her side as well to sort out the accuracy of this perception. The fact that she is nowhere to be found is not her fault so much-as she was asked to leave.

Her restricted status (not clear on the time lines as described by the OP), means generally as long as she does not commit any crime-and also assuming she has filed step 1- a green card (CR1-temp status) -again not sure with OP-this is not mentioned...means she can stay up to the point she would have to file for permanent residency. Then there could be a problem.

It's always advised to file for a K-1 (fiancee visa) if there's any possibility the couple will be living in the US (be it right away or down the road). It's a lot cleaner and easier regarding deporting-if it comes to that-at least that's what legal advice I had been told in the past.

I do agree about the K-1 visa. You have 90 days to marry or back she goes. A CR-1 (married less than 2 years) enters the US with a 2 year visa and green card. I would never do the CR-1 again. I also would reflect longer on a divorce as it does not releave you of your financial responsibilities and tends to play into her hand..My wife insisted on a divorce if she went back to the Philippines.This only frees her up to play another poor dumb guy as she did me. She does not have to explain away the sham marriage to me.I really gained nothing by divorcing her other than avoiding any financial culpability for any bills she might run up.

Another warning sign I see upon reflection, if your girl knows too many other women who have married other foreigners and have played them. 

Anyway, my future plans including retirement in a few years, moving to the Philippines and then, and only then, open my heart to a filipina. Way,way too many problems and pitfalls bringing a spouse into the US. I believe there are and will remain a number of gems in the Philippines but the number of women chasing the easy dollar is increasing as well.

Most of the pinay I know that are in Australia (Perth) are pretty homesick once they get here because they are so close to their families. The ones I know anyways :)

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Terrific but sad story. Like my friend Jake said, you will find a few stories like that among the forum members. I must admit I have my own as well. I think the one thing I have learned about the pinay, at least when it comes to me anyways, is to find a girl that is intellegent with ambitions to better herself internally, not so much material wise, if that makes sense. However, I do know some forum members that have been lucky enough to find a simple but beautiful pinay, however with hearts of gold. Sometimes that heart of gold is all you need. Finding it among the crowds is somewhat difficult.

Well said Mike, well said.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Made my mistakes along the way but eventually found even more than I was looking for!

Spent too much money on things I shouldn't have, and now not enough money on things I should. (not for lack of trying though).

"Sometimes that heart of gold is all you need"  BRILLIANT! Couldn't agree more!

Papa Carl

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well as for learning, I would say yes, not all but some. When I joined this forum I read everything I could and learnt about the pitfalls of meeting a girl online, so when I eventually came here I was very careful to what I said and what was said to me, I took everything with a grain of salt and I did meet a girl, not online and as far as I am concerned she is straight up but again time will tell. I have also learnt to go with your own gut feeling because 9 out of 10 times it is giving you the right information. Life knocks you down sometimes, best just to get up and see what tomorrow brings. Oh and I also have a horror story concerning an asian girl that happened to me.

Hey Frosty,

What's with you guys from Australia?  Too much time alone in the Outback?  We have a resident

PH.D and now you coming up with some awesome and profound statements about life in general.  

Triple LIKE Frosty, respectfully -- Jake

PS -- give me some time to get my popcorn.  I feel your horror story is gonna be a juicy one!

Well Jake, It's called the school of hard knocks, we have all been there and sometimes we learn, sometimes we don't, but geez I wouldn't be dead for quids.

A lot of personal experience and too much navel gazing at sea in the bowels of a submarine during quiet watches thinking upon the past more than any book-learning for my part Ni Tiyo Jake.  It's the navel gazing that eventually led me to where I am now; helping others that are less well-equipped to deal with life's challenges (no doctorate yet, still working on that).  And yep Chris, same, wouldn't be dead for quids either  :thumbsup:. 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well as for learning, I would say yes, not all but some. When I joined this forum I read everything I could and learnt about the pitfalls of meeting a girl online, so when I eventually came here I was very careful to what I said and what was said to me, I took everything with a grain of salt and I did meet a girl, not online and as far as I am concerned she is straight up but again time will tell. I have also learnt to go with your own gut feeling because 9 out of 10 times it is giving you the right information. Life knocks you down sometimes, best just to get up and see what tomorrow brings. Oh and I also have a horror story concerning an asian girl that happened to me.

Hey Frosty,

What's with you guys from Australia?  Too much time alone in the Outback?  We have a resident

PH.D and now you coming up with some awesome and profound statements about life in general.  

Triple LIKE Frosty, respectfully -- Jake

PS -- give me some time to get my popcorn.  I feel your horror story is gonna be a juicy one!

Well Jake, It's called the school of hard knocks, we have all been there and sometimes we learn, sometimes we don't, but geez I wouldn't be dead for quids.

A lot of personal experience and too much navel gazing at sea in the bowels of a submarine during quiet watches thinking upon the past more than any book-learning for my part Ni Tiyo Jake.  It's the navel gazing that eventually led me to where I am now; helping others that are less well-equipped to deal with life's challenges (no doctorate yet, still working on that).  And yep Chris, same, wouldn't be dead for quids either  :thumbsup:. 

What's with you guys from Australia?  I had to look up wouldn't be dead for quids and I thought it was a term used

to describe a squid (a sailor).  Boy, was I wrong.....I was way out beyond the foul line.  

Regarding those long and lonely midnight watches on board a naval ship, I don't usually play with my navel but I've

been known to play with something else.....he, he.  Seriously, my position as command master chief was to take

care of every swinging dicks on board a ship.  On a few occasion, I would catch a young sailor crying because he

just received a Dear John letter.  His wife or GF just wrote him saying she found another sailor or marine.  We are

light years away from home and he's thinking of jumping ship.  The nearest land is about 3 miles, at the bottom of

the ocean.  

I would offer my shoulder to cry on and guess what......I would cry along with him.  I've been down that road too,

receiving divorce papers while I was in the Persian Gulf (my previous wife).  Anyway, I had to place him on suicide

watch and was eventually transferred off the ship.  He was a weapons tech and didn't want his unstable behavior

around any missile warheads.   

A Woman Without A Heart And A Man With Too Much

The fragility of the heart can easily be broken by loneliness, horniness (is that a word) or miscommunications or

no communications from home.  Even phone conversations can be confusing or misinterpreted.  I often times

reminds my young and naive sailors that the most difficult job in the military is being a military wife.  She too have

heard stories of sailors having a GF in every port.  Some would wind up at the nearest night club as WestPac

widows.  As soon as the ship leaves homeport, she is free to play around for the next 6 or 9 months before her

husband returns.  

Yeah, life's a bitch sometimes.......

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 3

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

But when it comes down to it when you land at NAIA you know you are going to have the most amazing holiday.  I've got a real horror story to tell at a later date but I wouldn't go back and do anything different.  She helped me get over a difficult part in my life and I've now met someone else so everything turned out rosy

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I believe there are and will remain a number of gems in the Philippines but the number of women chasing the easy dollar is increasing as well.  

I think there is a high percentage of women or men chasing the dollar in many countries. How many Russian women scams have you heard of? The whole point of what happened to you may of been avoided if there was more research and time put into the relationship before marriage and more so bringing her to the US.

The relationship scam is not uncommon throughout the world, the amount of times I read here in Australia of women loosing their life savings to some guy overseas just amazes me of how a lonely heart can destroy ones life. Some women were sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to scum only find when they arrived to meet their partner they are no where to be found.  :89:

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I believe there are and will remain a number of gems in the Philippines but the number of women chasing the easy dollar is increasing as well.  

I think there is a high percentage of women or men chasing the dollar in many countries. How many Russian women scams have you heard of? The whole point of what happened to you may of been avoided if there was more research and time put into the relationship before marriage and more so bringing her to the US.

The relationship scam is not uncommon throughout the world, the amount of times I read here in Australia of women loosing their life savings to some guy overseas just amazes me of how a lonely heart can destroy ones life. Some women were sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to scum only find when they arrived to meet their partner they are no where to be found.  :89:

Very true. In Britain I have had to field phone calls over the past year from four different women wanting to talk to a Captain on one of our ships who does not exist. He is a fraudster preying on lonely women, pretending to be a ship's captain. He often spins them a yard about being born in Malaysia and having land there that he needs money to go and recover (any Master Mariner can afford an airfare!)

This sort of scam affects people at their most vulnerable, and it is desperately hard for people to admit that they have been scammed.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its a tough one , to chat to someone the other side of the world, you have to believe in all they are saying to you, plus remember they have to believe in what you are saying and promising them also,

Some of us are lucky to have found someone who is what  they say, some well if at first you dont succeed you can always try again,

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Its a tough one , to chat to someone the other side of the world, you have to believe in all they are saying to you, plus remember they have to believe in what you are saying and promising them also,

Some of us are lucky to have found someone who is what  they say, some well if at first you dont succeed you can always try again,

It is a tough one, but my rule of thumb nowadays with these women is this....when the conversation seems to revolve around money all the time, then it is time to cut and run.

• Like 4

palu
Posted
Posted

What is even harder is verification when you are half way around the world nest building