Current ? On United States To Phils Xfer Via Xoom, W Union, Other

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Looking for current codes, promotions, tricks for free or near free transfer.

I'm sharing what I know also.... so give and take. :tiphat:

My objective:

USD -> Peso with as high a rate as possible

OR

USD -> USD (can change there for 43.7 currently)

AND

Pickup in cash. (USD or Peso)

OR

Tranfer to bank account (Peso only).

When I tried the Western Union send it is showing me ZERO cost for a 3 day wait.  I went all the way to the confirmation page and it still showed free for payment FROM: US bank account TO: either bank account or cash pickup.  See details below.

1. Tranfer to bank (Estimated exchange rate : 1 US Dollar (USD) = 43.1150 Philippine Peso)
The xe.com rate is currently showing 43.93.  I can get at least 43.7 rate at the changer.
  A $500 transfer converts at a cost of 300 peso (US$6.86) in this case.

2. Pickup in dollars and get the 43.7 rate locally.  When I did this in the past (2012) the pickup WU office charged a small transaction fee in pesos.  (small=70 peso)  That was claimed to be some type of tax.

I tried Xoom.  It is $7.99 (350 peso) for instant transfer and pickup in US$.  UNLESS someone has a code that will work for me.  Xoom with pickup in peso the rate is only 43.07 so a cost of $4.99 (218 + 315 = 533 peso overall).  I don't like these costs; would rather the family gets the money.

I am not in a hurry so the WU option 2 is winning now.

I've tried to be specific about what I am trying to do.  I hope you will do the same with your reply.

Thanks ahead. :cheersty:

GregZ
Posted
Posted

... I got a code for Western Union.  ... free....  and usually a better exchange rate.

UEFA2014

Edited this a little and brought from Xoom thread.  Thanks Tuka.  You posted this while I was crafting this other post...

So this WU code makes it free but WU looks free to me without it.  Am I missing something?  Is this a temporary situation?

Signed

Confused,  :1 (103):

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

XOOM is $4.99 with a 0.5-1.0 peso / dollar fee.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

PNB has a promo. no fee sending $ to peso

www.pnbwebremit.com    ,,is the site to use

www.remit2pnb.com/webremittanceirsw/Index.aspx  ...is another link

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
www.pnbwebremit.com

Says FEE FREE until Oct 31, 2014 from bank account source to account, cash pickup @ PNB or door-to-door.  Good for US$ or peso.

Their exchange rate is 43.25 currently if you send in peso.

XE.com says 43.87

I can find 43.65 locally... so $500 transaction FROM bank account to any peso pickup method is only 200 peso (US$4.58).  Not bad.

I've never tried them; maybe it is time.  Thanks for the tip. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Zbundoks
Posted
Posted

Have used Xoom off and on for some years. Have started using Transfast ( www.transfast.com ) little higher peso rate. They also charge $4.99 for pesos / $7.99 for dollars using U.S. bank account. Receive an email for no transfer fees once in a while. If I get any soon will post them. Hope to be in the PI for a couple of weeks in Aug / Sep time frame. 

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Transfast is currently showing p42.96, xoom 42.70. Good info, thanks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Zbundoks
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

Mentioned before if I received a free transfer code I would pass it along. Got one from Transfast today.

SUPER RATE SALE - TODAY!!
1 USD = PHP 44.50
(09/26/14 till 6:00 pm)

Fee Transfer Offer Code: IPAD2014

John

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The current high exchange rate of USD to PHP is in anticipation the Federal Reserve will hike interest rates in October. Money is flowing into the US equities and bond markets from all over the world. Another reason is political instability because of the friction with Russia and the continuing conflict in the Middle East. If you need to convert to pesos, now is a good time.

• Like 1