No Appearance Marrige

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Anyone heard of this type of thing.  I was offered one by a clerk in pasay city hall the other day.  I turned it down as if I'm willing to marry I'm willing to turn up.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I was offered one by a clerk in pasay city hall the other day.

what was the "$" the clerk requested?

1.I have read that if you do this type of marriage it would be in your favor should you want to ANNUL it.

2.its not legal but(this is the philiipines.) ..

3. you would have the legal documents stating  it is 

i base my reply on the articles i have read from DEAR PAO and pinoylawyer.org

• Like 1

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

She said the total cost would be 8000 php not counting the the cost to me for getting the Legal right to marry document from the UK embassy.  From what I've read on here it seems like its an extra 2000php as the date requested was on a day the court was closed 29 December

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I would be hugely doubtful about this.

Americano
Posted
Posted

I think my total cost for me being legally married at the city mayor's office was a little over P1,000.  Why do something illegally when you can do it legally much cheaper?

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Why do something illegally when you can do it legally much cheaper?

it is ILLEGAL and now we know it, but sometimes some people may take a easy or :"quick fix".

this "QUICK FIX" could help 1 if they should ever need to file an ANNULMENT in the philippines.

( a read between the lines answer  )

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Philippines is changing. Twenty five years ago you could easily buy a passport, a residence visa, and indeed a marriage certificate, together of course with any professional qualification that you fancied and a birth certificate to match.

Today, the only one remaining is the bogus marriage certificate, because the Philippines Government has moved over to holding its data electronically.

The fake marriage certificate is only useful if you (a) live outside the Philippines (and won't be relying on it for a 13A) and (b) you want to get into bed with a woman who insists on marriage (these are now rare). 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

If you want to take your Filipina wife to your home country you may have a big problem obtaining a Visa for her with a fake Marriage License. If its fake and not registered at the NSO then you cannot obtain the required NSO Marriage License.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As for any situation such as above on this forum, we do not recommend that you do anything illegal.  

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

As for any situation such as above on this forum, we do not recommend that you do anything illegal.  

Bob,

I support what you are saying 100%. Its illegal to get a fake marriage so you could go to jail and it costs more getting married illegal than the legal way so why would anyone want to do it in the first place?  Maybe criminally minded people think that way so they should be watched closely for what other illegal activities they are involved in.