Changing School In Mid-Year

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Anyone else done this?

I refer to the state education system.

Little K is five and will be six in September. At present he is at school in Quezon City.

His mother wants to move back to Mindanao where her parents are whilst waiting for a UK visa.

It seems that the little chap needs two documents - a "Form 137" which transfers him between schools and a Certificate of Good Moral Character.

A sample Form 137 can be found here:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/147581411/DEPED-Form-137

His mother applied for these today - does anyone know how long they take to arrive? 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

is she applying in person? if in person . SHOULD BE, the same day or next day at the most plus a small fee(under 50p)

if its being mailed then that can take 2-10days, 2-3 days VIA LBC/AIR 21. to QC then return

10days+ philpost

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

is she applying in person? if in person . SHOULD BE, the same day or next day at the most plus a small fee(under 50p)

if its being mailed then that can take 2-10days, 2-3 days VIA LBC/AIR 21. to QC then return

10days+ philpost

Thanks. She applied in person, last Wednesday  - I was told she could only apply on a Wednesday - and the transfer should be ready this Wednesday. She actually moved on Sunday so her sister will pick up the transfer and mail it to her.

The reason she moved on Sunday is that her sister and I thought she was getting depressed and dithering and not getting on  with the move, so on Friday I bought promo tickets on Cebu Pacific valid that day only, and on Saturday her sister turned up with workmen...  and on Sunday afternoon she was in Mindanao...

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3