Renewal Of Driving License

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Had to renew my driver's license today here in Bacolod .... for some strange reason the LTO in Cebu only gave me a 2 year license of which i have not been able to figure out why ..... my asawa got hers last week and it was for 3 years .... anyway .... the LTO chief here has decided that you must have long pants .... shoes and sleeved shirt to enter the LTO main office .... how ever you can go to the 3rd floor of Robinsons and it is business as usual ...... LTO sub office opens at 10:00am but the guard I understand will let you in earlier to go to the clinic .... but you still have to wait until 10:00am for the LTO to open ....

We got there at 10:00am (Robinsons) and were done by 11:20am ..... there is a clinic next door to the LTO sub-office to get your physical but I preferred to get mine next to the LTO main office (no waiting at 9:30am) the clinic in Robinsons was packed but then I suppose they do other things than just LTO medicals .....

BUT ..... all you get is a receipt for your license here and you have to go back in a month to get your plastic one ..... where as you get a plastic one in the main office but you wait a whole lot longer .... plastic licenses are issued in the afternoon ....

:cheersty:

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Wow, I didn't have that issue last year in Olongapo. In and out in less than 40 minutes with my new plastic license. I showed up about 0930 and was out about 1015. Mine was also good for 3 years (this is my 3rd one).

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Wow, I didn't have that issue last year in Olongapo. In and out in less than 40 minutes with my new plastic license. I showed up about 0930 and was out about 1015. Mine was also good for 3 years (this is my 3rd one).

I had the same experience in Baguio last fall. This was my first license and expires on my birthday so has to be renewed after 2 years and some months.