Bago Park

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Last week we went to a park in Bago which runs along a river that empties into the ocean .... very nice and fairly peaceful with a native eatery (see the two cars to the left in the first 2 pictures) and also a sari sari store almost next to it .... lots of shade but get there early as it tends to fill up fast especially on Sunday when we went .....

The little houses you see in the pictures are put up by the different Brgy's and they have a festival sometime during the year and these are like stalls I understand ....

We packed a lunch and sat under the trees and ate and watched the water .... sorry for the dark pictures but i have pretty heavy tint on my car windows ..... :mocking:  ...... there are concrete benches all along the sea wall and we were sitting about in the middle so it is a nice little stretch of sitting area ....

JPBago can maybe shed a little light on this park as Bago is his stomping grounds .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

post-11-0-81401700-1410769853_thumb.jpg       post-11-0-91953300-1410769895_thumb.jpg

The goat family out for a stroll

post-11-0-75801300-1410769972_thumb.jpg       post-11-0-16395000-1410770015_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks like a nice spot Mike.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

This is Bantayan Park. There are 4 small eateries but not always open. The south one has karaoke. The festivals are in November and mid February. The Brgy houses are for selling their area specific goods in Feb. I like that part. The stalls, about 40 of them, in Feb, are from end to end along the seawall where they sell beer and some foods. They have a band on the final weekend and a gay beauty contest. The street is packed with people so a good place to sit and watch during the day but not a good place at night. A German friend lost his wallet last year and there are frequent drunken fights. The river is nice at high tide but otherwise, a shallow mud flats. We go there frequently to catch a nice breeze of fresh air. What surprises me is the lack of development all along to the mouth of the river. 

Mike S, send me a PM next time that you come so we can meet up. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

It's here! Now! The 49th annual Bago Festival at Bantayan park by the river. Feb 13 to 19th. We were just there for a nice lunch, beef tips, chop suey, meatballs, rice and pop for 3 for 380p. Lots of people. Highlights on the 19th. Lots of things to buy from the Barangay Houses on one side with food stalls on the other.

• Like 2