How To Plan For An Unexpected Medical Emergency

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In the United States, you can purchase bracelets (Made in China) to inform EMS personnel of an existing condition. The example is insulin dependent diabetes. Someone should research their availability in the Philippines as a possible home based business. To keep cost down, sales will be online.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 9/20/2014 at 11:55 AM, robert k said:

Explain to them that they can not take your blood sugar while you are eating a piece of candy. :hystery:

Gee Robert, you are picky!!!! haha

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

In the United States, you can purchase bracelets (Made in China) to inform EMS personnel of an existing condition.

In Philippines, the pretty bracelets would be stolen from your unconscious body before EMS arrived. :Caught:

• Like 4

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In Philippines, the pretty bracelets would be stolen from your unconscious body before EMS arrived. :Caught:

Capture.JPG

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

Done deal. Took about 3 hours including the drive from Talisay city to downtown Cebu on the last day of the month and a Friday. Only saw 1 Kano there.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 6/30/2017 at 10:59 AM, bang4dabuck said:

Again PhilHealth is more a discount plan for emergencies and major health issues. Helps you get admitted leaving you to only having to deal with the doctors directly. I'm guessing in the end saves you around 50%, my guess.

Sometimes, some places, but not always and not everywhere.

“For if a former city mayor, a father of a sitting kagawad, a senior citizen, and a Philhealth member, would be still required a cash deposit to avail of emergency services, we pity the poor families who would face the same dilemma every day.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2017/07/03/oro-council-look-down-payment-practice-hospitals-550947

• Like 1

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Sometimes, some places, but not always and not everywhere.

“For if a former city mayor, a father of a sitting kagawad, a senior citizen, and a Philhealth member, would be still required a cash deposit to avail of emergency services, we pity the poor families who would face the same dilemma every day.

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/local-news/2017/07/03/oro-council-look-down-payment-practice-hospitals-550947

I'm figuring it was just some overzealous employee going beyond their job description. That is not standard procedure I would bet. If not, hopefully a CC will suffice but reluctantly I better keep some emergency php stashed around my place maybe 25k. SUX, I guess they either get stiffed often or its blackmail. Hippocratic oath be damned.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, bang4dabuck said:

I'm figuring it was just some overzealous employee going beyond their job description.

Make the word "employee" plural as he was denied admittance at more than one hospital before he died.

RBM
Posted
Posted

What I have done is open several different bank accounts.  Most only allow p20K at one time, depending when you withdraw as to when your able repeat. During my injury last December this was a God send.

They seem to run medical services here  solely as a a business, nothing else, zero sympathy. 

• Like 5

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

i should probably pay a visit to both hospitals (Chung Hua and Cebu Doc)  ADDMITANCE counters and ask a few questions. The other scary thing is having a problem the wrong time of day, the traffic here sucks. I guess it's good that I'm only about 5-6 miles from them. Another reason not to live in the provinces. Actually I was driving back from Oslub and there was a guy coming into my lane driving rather fast from the opposite direction with red and blue lights. He was nobody but everything goes here, UNBELIEVABLE !!!

• Like 1