Here Is One On Sctex Out To Subic

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

It looks like his speedo maxs out at 299 kph.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Jesus!

I know that road, and it is NOT warranted free of idiots who change lanes without looking, or of oil patches.

My old BMW's handbook says don't go over 80mph with the luggage on or you may get a weave...one fellow was doing 120 with the cases and a pillion.

Jake
Posted
Posted

It looks like his speedo maxs out at 299 kph.

It really doesn't matter which country or highway, these so called born free rebels will accelerate themselves to hell much quicker.

I'm surprise they didn't exercise their freedom by NOT wearing a helmet so they can feel the fresh air right before they hit a pothole --

after that, it's lights out.  Don't forget that if you are travelling less than 70mph (112kph), you may get billed for their medical or funeral

cost because they reared ended you -- it was your fault, you know.......  

Question -- does the PHG (Philippine Highway Group) conduct sobriety test to investigate the cause(s) of accidents?  It will probably 

still be your fault anyway for driving too slow......he, he.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Jesus!

I know that road, and it is NOT warranted free of idiots who change lanes without looking, or of oil patches.

My old BMW's handbook says don't go over 80mph with the luggage on or you may get a weave...one fellow was doing 120 with the cases and a pillion.

It also has a few nasty spots with a dip or a bump.

jon1
Posted
Posted

This video is from a few years ago. I know those fellows, Club 200=200KMPH=124MPH. Some of them are very skilled but their antics are not so smart. I have seen them splitting against traffic on 2 lane highways and the sort. They lost a member about 2 years ago in a speed related crash. The NLEX and SCTEX are "nice" roads in comparison to the rest of the country but at 100MPH+ the poor conditions become quickly apparent. 

I have ridden with other Sport biker and Cruiser groups and some would do brief sprints of 115MPH/183KMPH but even then you start to minimize the patch of rubber on the ground. You have to always keep your head on a swivel no matter what your speed and at the higher speeds the lower reaction time will eat you up if you are not careful.  The road going down the hill from the SCTEX into the Freeport is notorious for oil and I have seen 4 wheel vehicles spin out of control. Also the slope of the last curve is not correct and will push a heavily laden vehicle off of the curve (I saw 2 semi's about 3 weeks ago off of the road, one upside down and one completely off of the highway).

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I really wish I knew what is going on with the world...!

When I was a teen, I drove an old beat off '68 Biscayne wagon.  I learned to drive on one lane dirt roads late at night on weekends...  Twisting...  Turning...  100 MPH+  and never had an accident, never got scared, never even had a close call.  Now I do the speed limit or less and I have to dodge people who can't handle a speed greater than 20 KPH...

I want my own world!!!   :1 (103):  :mocking:

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted
I learned to drive on one lane dirt roads late at night on weekends...  Twisting...  Turning...  100 MPH+  and never had an accident, never got scared, never even had a close call.

Reminds me of my young, dumb and bulletproof days :) . Nowadays I am little more cautious as I feel that my luck bucket has been dipped into a little too often and I want to conserve what I have left! LOL

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I learned to drive on one lane dirt roads late at night on weekends...  Twisting...  Turning...  100 MPH+  and never had an accident, never got scared, never even had a close call.

Reminds me of my young, dumb and bulletproof days :) . Nowadays I am little more cautious as I feel that my luck bucket has been dipped into a little too often and I want to conserve what I have left! LOL

Oh, I really agree with you!  I've been given last rites a couple times - I'be been that close to death!  Funny thing is that I'm not catholic - many military priests will try and convert you on your death bed!  Still, I think I have just about used up all me 9 lives and better start living life as a human and not an immortal fool!

:attention:  :mocking:

• Like 1