Qualifying For University In Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm going to agree and disagree with some of what I have heard on here...  Some of the research I have been doing for a piece I am working on involves the degree of learning compared to "just passing a test" and includes Philippine universities in the data.  I believe it was our resident UnCheckedOther who actually hit my most pertinent finding bang on...  If the prof doesn't have a you-know-what up his you-know-what, almost always the majority of passing students for that prof will be in the top percentile of all universities while those with the you-know-whats are paper mills and big business.  What I found interesting was that it wasn't always a top university that fared so well but sometimes one of the smaller, less expensive established halls of learning - it almost always depended on the prof!

Somebody mentioned about having courses and marks accredited for different systems.  This also works for personal knowledge and military courses.  In 1980, and after extensive testing by an outside accreditation agency in conjunction with the University of Waterloo (Stephen Hawking's latest haunt), my very basic Avionics Technician course plus what I personally knew put me 3 credits short of my degree in Electronics Engineering.  Guess what dummy did not pursue this?  Still, for those who do get their degree in the Philippines and wish to use it back home?  If the universities first say no, and you are confident you pass muster, go the accreditation route.

Now for the OP...  U of Guelph is out...  How about the Nova Scotia Agricultural College in Truro?  Top school and should be much lower cost/crowding than Guelph!