Onlyme?

RBM
Posted
Posted

As this is being written I am tucked away in a small corner trying to concentrate.

After a couple of delightful days in the beautiful mountain resort and surroundings of Buenos Aires we decided to over night in F& C hotel in Canlaon.

We are not strangers here as have spent considerable time in Canlaon national park and we frequent the resto here often. How ever rarely over night.

The hotel is nice, price is reasonable and includes breakfast, this brings me to my grype....

When we entered the resto it was empty and staff had TV at full volume, watching a drama. I requested nicely please mind lowering the intensity of the noise, GF further explained. This was done for about 3 minutes and back to normal again, well their normal. Second time we politely requested for the manager, not around as expected.

So asked again and with same results except....This time the radio also joined in, some kind of duel noise where each is competing for deafening us the quickest.

Sad as food is excellent, lovely place with good management how ever staff seem to know better once not under supervision.

As a side note later some Filipinos entered and sat beside speakers while enjoying breki, it's as though they enjoyed this at 7.30am.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As this is being written I am tucked away in a small corner trying to concentrate.

After a couple of delightful days in the beautiful mountain resort and surroundings of Buenos Aires we decided to over night in F& C hotel in Canlaon.

We are not strangers here as have spent considerable time in Canlaon national park and we frequent the resto here often. How ever rarely over night.

The hotel is nice, price is reasonable and includes breakfast, this brings me to my grype....

When we entered the resto it was empty and staff had TV at full volume, watching a drama. I requested nicely please mind lowering the intensity of the noise, GF further explained. This was done for about 3 minutes and back to normal again, well their normal. Second time we politely requested for the manager, not around as expected.

So asked again and with same results except....This time the radio also joined in, some kind of duel noise where each is competing for deafening us the quickest.

Sad as food is excellent, lovely place with good management how ever staff seem to know better once not under supervision.

As a side note later some Filipinos entered and sat beside speakers while enjoying breki, it's as though they enjoyed this at 7.30am.

Could we put that down to a difference in culture?  Or age?

:mocking:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
So asked again and with same results except....This time the radio also joined in, some kind of duel noise where each is competing for deafening us the quickest. Sad as food is excellent, lovely place with good management how ever staff seem to know better once not under supervision.

LACK OF,,, manners? common sense? curtsey? respect? proper training in customer service? ignorant?

any further comment Risks being moderated.. ..

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/20365-read-or-risk-being-banned/

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

A lot of what we put down as to being rude or otherwise is often just a cultural difference. I used to go to a gaushause in Germany where the tv was kept at full volume. Turned out the owner was as deaf as a rock. So he kept it loud. In Mexico, the restaurant beside my hotel always had loud music or loud tv or loud customers. If it wasn't loud, the manager felt the place was on its way out of popularity. Even if the place was empty, as long as the music or tv was turned up loud...! In a bar in Chicago, the only way the juke box got turned down was by one guy who wanted to be Clint Eastwood... With a 45 callibre pistol. That one I'm not sure of why it was so loud...

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

LACK OF,,, manners? common sense? curtsey? respect? proper training in customer service? ignorant? any further comment Risks being moderated.. ..

One wonders what ever happened to the Phrase" The customers comes first"

Management and Staff sometimes forget that we (The Customer) are the reason they are there and have a Job, BUT  lets not Forget where we are  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its not just here.  I saw this sign in a couple of businesses in Canada before I left:

thisisnotburgerkingyoucanthaveityourway.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Its not just here.  I saw this sign in a couple of businesses in Canada before I left:

thisisnotburgerkingyoucanthaveityourway.

Just about Sums it Up I guess.  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

.......we decided to over night in F& C hotel in Canlaon.  The hotel is nice, price is reasonable and includes breakfast, this brings me to my grype....

Second time we politely requested for the manager, not around as expected.

Hmmm.....that's funny.  First time I've heard that the boss is not in stock......he, he.  Believe me RBM, you are not alone!

Perhaps you could have taken your food outside (poolside) or back to your room?

For obvious reasons, I try very hard not to piss off people serving me food or drinks, even here in southern California --

and especially in PI.

Looks very nice B&B getaway with awesome view!  

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

.......we decided to over night in F& C hotel in Canlaon.  The hotel is nice, price is reasonable and includes breakfast, this brings me to my grype....

Second time we politely requested for the manager, not around as expected.

Hmmm.....that's funny.  First time I've heard that the boss is not in stock......he, he.  Believe me RBM, you are not alone!

Perhaps you could have taken your food outside (poolside) or back to your room?

For obvious reasons, I try very hard not to piss off people serving me food or drinks, even here in southern California --

and especially in PI.

Looks very nice B&B getaway with awesome view!

Ha Ha Jake it was 21c no pool and no need at these temps.

Room yes could be but no wi fi.

Seems staff in general here are concerned only with what they want no customers.

Do we blame them....well yes and no, any anger should be directed at management for typical lack of training as most staff seem to stay a short time only.

The frustration is, even knowing at 7.30am most of want breakfast in peace, plus explaining nicely just gives short term results. Still culture plays a part, most Filipinos seem unfazed by the TV and stereo both blaring away

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Great example of cultural differences  . Out for a nice breakfast I want tunes nothing wrong with a little blasting music .

Oh here come the foreigners they will want to turn off our good time , never can understand their need for silence all the time .   :rolleyes:

Yes Rbm excellent place for food drinks and cheap rooms in the middle of no where is like a beacon of hospitality that serves great food cheap in a excellent atmosphere  . It is truly a oasis on a volcano.

Where else did you stay ? 

• Like 1