Pet Blessing

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We had seen the signs around town. They were having a pet blessing at Harbor Point mall here in Subic Bay. The signs indicated that all pets could be blessed; dogs, cats, fish....

I guess a pet blessing is when a priest blesses all the pets? We happened to be at the mall today when it was just getting warmed up. I wish I had some time and a camera to get some pics, but I didn't. There were hundreds of people gathering to get their pets blessed and it was quite an event. I only saw dogs and 80+% were small dogs. Almost all the small dogs were wearing a costume or dress or sweater! It was quite entertaining and I wish we could have stayed.

I can say one thing. These Filipinos take good care of their dogs! Large and small, they were all beautifully groomed and ready for their blessings! I saw some absolutely gorgeous husky type dogs that were and unusual brownish color, not the usual gray/white.

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

They had pet blessings in Manila some days ago, on the feast of St. Francis of Assissi.

• 2 months later...
deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

We had our hedgehog blessed a few years back, got a few funny looks from the priest for sure :p  and lots of attention from everyone else. 

8113485004_a7699e6bf6.jpg

Edited by deevey
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Did they use Wholly Toledo Water?