Dating Sites - Round 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well as most of you know, since the break-up I’ve been hitting the dating sites again as always it’s been an interesting experience to say the least.

I used the same three sites I did last time and it’s been interesting to see the changes since I was last on them, and the price has risen significantly.

Here’s a summary of my impressions of each as they are now:

PM me for their real names, links to other sites are not allowed here.  All prices are in the currency they bill you in. 

C.com – A site dedicated to Cebuanas.  Despite its name, there are women from all over The Philippines there.  The site itself is starting to look a little dated with less of the functionality now present on the other two I used.  Particularly annoying is the hoops you have to jump through to cancel your account; there’s nothing in account management to do this, thankfully I paid with Pay Pal so used the “cancel subscription” option there to cancel.  Otherwise I believe you have to send an email to the admins in the UK and I can only imagine the issues that may arise in that scenario.  Traffic-wise this is just about dead now, and at $29.95USD/month is not worth your time, additionally it is actually starting to reek of a haven for scams.  I did receive some interest there, but way out of proportion to the other sites.

Verdict:  Don’t bother.

CB – I think this has been around since the 70’s as an old school “snail mail” introduction service and they jumped online once it became viable in the 90’s.  The site hasn’t changed at all since I first visited in the early 00’s but it doesn’t really have to, all the functionality that you need is there.  They have a live chat room that financial members are able to access and that can be an interesting experience.  I think my only issue with the site as a whole is that they still use Java for their private video and voice chat functionality – yeah I know I’m paranoid but I still remember the days 15 years ago when Java used to open you up to all sorts of security vulnerabilities if you were a basic computer user.   Traffic wise it’s still pretty busy and I received a lot of interest there, it’s not at the levels I experienced a few years ago but still well worth it at $24.95USD/month and cheaper if you subscribe for longer.  One of the things I really like about it is there’s search options for women of all nationalities; admittedly I’d estimate conservatively about 50% of the women there are Filipina but it’s nice to expand the horizons a little.  Another plus is you can actually read your received messages if you aren’t financial, unlike the site below, but of course, you can’t reply. 

Verdict:  Still well worth a look.

FC – Well, it’s interesting to see the leather clad sex pot on their home page but don’t let that discourage you – it may encourage some.  This site has by far and away the most traffic of the three and you will receive interest accordingly. In fact the amount of interest I received was triple that on the same site a few years ago.  The criteria matching on the lady’s profiles is nice if you take the time to set up yours, this makes it a very easy filter for a quick decision on whether to investigate further.  It is dedicated to The Philippines only but does have sister sites for Thailand and other countries that you have to subscribe to separately – there’s no package for more than one.  At $34.95USD/month, less if you subscribe for longer, it’s the most expensive of the three, but having said that it’s worth it just for the volume.  The downside to the volume is you have to spend a lot more time filtering your matches and interest received, but this is not really a bad thing in itself to my mind.  It has all the functionality you’d expect but there’s no live chat room which is a double-edged sword at best anyway.  As stated above, you can’t read received messages if you aren’t financial which is annoying to say the least – who knows, you may have unsubscribed but you receive that one message that you really want to reply to but it’s not worth it as you can’t read it. If you could read it you may renew your subscription to continue the conversation.  I understand the business rationale behind the methodology, they’re relying on people’s curiosity to re-subscribe to read said messages; I’m not that guy and just shrugged my shoulders.. “Meh” as my teenage daughter says.  By the time I’d cancelled my subscription I already had literally dozens of women to filter via other means of communication – this after using my own criteria on the site whilst still subscribed.  Despite that and the expense, FC is definitely the site to go for if for whatever reason you only want to try one.

Verdict:  A clear winner.

The latter 2 sites have very robust scam reporting functions.  Yeah I know they’ll just pop up again with a different profile but hey, why make it easier for them.

That’s it for the site wrap-up; there will be more posts on my personal criteria, scams and an almost final result in the next couple of days.

I Hope some of you find this informative.

Brett

• Like 1

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

Are any of them worth paying for. There are free sites with enough functionality to get you started.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Never tried to free ones to be honest so can't really say.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I met my wife on a free website and I know other people who have met ladies on the same website. It`s free so give it a go it will only cost you time. you only have time to lose not cash.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

PM me some links if you could please

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I met my wife on a free website and I know other people who have met ladies on the same website. It`s free so give it a go it will only cost you time. you only have time to lose not cash.

I have also had success this way, Brett

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well I've narrowed the field on FC down to two.  I'm going to meet both in February in Bohol and Davao.  But more on that in the other posts soon.

It's a bit odd that I'd never considered a free site, I'm not a frugal sort of guy but neither am I a spendthrift either.  I guess I'm just used to "free" sites always coming with a "fremium" option.  I will check the the links out a couple of you just sent me though, so thanks.  

Alby
Posted
Posted

BrettGC, I am sure the guys mean DIA website. It's free and more authentic than FC.

I did FC for several years and got nothing but scammers!

DIA took me one month to find my current gf.

It's run by the same guys who run FC by the way !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

Yes, I found DIA to be a great way to make introductions without having to pay membership fees.  It also allows you to expand your search to other countries as well.  Sure there are scammers, but you'll find that on every site paid or not.

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I've narrowed the field on FC down to two.  I'm going to meet both in February in Bohol and Davao.  But more on that in the other posts soon.

It's a bit odd that I'd never considered a free site, I'm not a frugal sort of guy but neither am I a spendthrift either.  I guess I'm just used to "free" sites always coming with a "fremium" option.  I will check the the links out a couple of you just sent me though, so thanks.  

Now it may have changed but I did try what was then (3 years ago) the most popular free site. I got some but less interest, and there was a higher percentage of obvious scammers and tons of ladyboys. Again don't know if that is still true.

I met Janet on CB and I would say of the 50-70 couples in our local Fil-Am group about 50-75% met their wives on CB. I also tried FC with not quite the results of CB, so it's nice to hear it's become even more popular.

Personally I would pay the money. The biggest time waster online is not scammers (although there are plenty) it's just the fact that in this day of social media, most men and women are just playing. Most Filipinas meeting men online do not believe the men are sincere. Truth be told - they are right. One way to demonstrate your sincerity and distinguish yourself from the thousands of men who are just playing and will never visit PI, is to use a pay site. Just my opinion.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 2