Disappointment In Davao

RBM
Posted
Posted

During my last visit to Davao I have fond memories of Bagobo hotel here in Davao. Accordingly had no hesitation to book on line before arriving. No reply to several e mails which is kinda the norm, however messaging on Facebook was met with a quick conformation of our booking.

Sadly this hotel has deteriorated to a very bad state. Rooms are dirty, we even had holes in the wall, wardrobe door hanging on one hinge. No hot water first day and second day no water at all. Staff were obviously tired of complaints and justifiable uninterested. At P1200 with no breakfast it's not cheap. Very sad as 6 years ago was a lovely place.

We have just checked out and going to try the Tin hat hotel which must be better...

Davao seems to of expanded recently, we find it huge. Clean and friendly, some excellent restaurants. Enjoyed the crocodile park yesterday, today it's Eden nature park.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Davao seems to of expanded recently, we find it huge. Clean and friendly, some excellent restaurants. Enjoyed the crocodile park yesterday, today it's Eden nature park.

Not sure if Davao has been building new hotels like the heap of new ones in Cebu but if that's the case the older ones fall behind and their revenue drops and so does maintenance. Anyway your description of Davao has me interested as l see potential there.  :thumbsup:

RBM
Posted
Posted

Not sure if Davao has been building new hotels like the heap of new ones in Cebu but if that's the case the older ones fall behind and their revenue drops and so does maintenance. Anyway your description of Davao has me interested as l see potential there.  :thumbsup:

Yup agree completely. It's a huge city that works way better than Cebu. Traffic also gets snarled however from my limited experience nothing like Cebu. Apparently the mayor keeps the people under a tight rein. Talking to taxi drivers and locals people seem pretty scared of him. From what we have seen, no smoking seems to be working and crime is not to serious. Plus from what we have seen it's amazingly clean.

Just seems real hard to find a decent internet, we visited sever cafés today and were unable upload simple documents.

New hotel we checked into is perfect, it's called Tinhat great staff, room and breki all spot on. P1500 a night and worth every peso.

• Like 1