Anyone Get Their "common Law" Marriage Solemnized Under Article 34 ?

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

For reference we've been planning on tying the knot for an age, and then came across this.

Yes we've been living together for almost 6 years and it would seem to be a much simpler process than the normal process, just requiring an outh at a notary and signed affidavit. 

No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties and found no legal impediment to the marriage.

Edited by deevey

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For reference we've been planning on tying the knot for an age, and then came across this.   Yes we've been living together for almost 6 years and it would seem to be a much simpler process than the normal process, just requiring an outh at a notary and signed affidavit. 

I do believe we have covered this before, As far as I can Remember, it only applies to Filipinos, I seem to remember that we as foreigners can't be included in this because of the requirements attached. now of course I could be wrong (usually I am)  It was all to do with dependency and that could include land.

As with Most things, treading carefully is the watchword.

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Late Up Today and Suffering a little, A few beers and more with me-ole mucker from over the water

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

why not ask DEAR PAO in manilatimes?

Questions for Chief Acosta may be sent to dearpao@manilatimes.net

Or inquire at pinoylawyer.org that may be more of assistance

2, ask at your local city hall .

but as JACK PETERSON said the law pertains to natives   Philippine citizen here ,certainly their would be something against foreigners using this law/RA