Help

komments
Posted
Posted

Don't want to run afoul of the site rules.  But I am hoping someone can lend a hand.  I recently created a user account on the free DIA dating site.  I listed myself as Taken and stated I was looking for friendship (not dating nor relationships).  After completing my profile, several ladies wanted to chat with me so I did.  In each case I told them I was married and looking for friends that could tell me about the area.  After a couple hours my account was closed.  Any idea why?  I didn't solicit sex, dates, anything really.  I thought each of the conversations ended in a friendly manner.  What the heck did I do wrong - or are sites like this only for people that want to hook up?  Are there any free Social sites for just meeting people?

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The name of the site is "dateinasia". What you were doing - "looking for friends that could tell you about the area" is outside the purpose of the site. One of the "chatters" complained. That's my guess.  

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

komments, I posed the question to my wife. She said to join Filipino based social groups on facebook that are geared in this direction. 

I think DIA is trying to keep their image as strictly dating??-but then again...why would "taken" be an option on relationship status

• Like 2

komments
Posted
Posted

That's what I thought Steve.  Does your wife know of any specific FB Groups?  I will do a search on FB for Philippines as a start.  But any hints would be appreciated.  Mike, I know it is primarily a dating site but I tried to be clear about my purpose and was very clear about my marital status.  I don't lie - ever.  So I was kind of shocked by that.  Still Steve's idea is a good one.  I will try with that.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

"looking for friends that could tell you about the area" is outside the purpose of the site. One of the "chatters" complained. That's my guess.  

I can go with this, I mean, what would a Car Salesman think, if you keep going into a Car Sales establishment and kept asking about Car Rental? I guess he would complain to the owner! so out the door you go.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I keep hearing about this facebook thing, what is it? Sounds painful. :)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Picture?  When I used that site a year ago they were starting to get strict about having an actual picture of you and when I put a phony pic up they closed my account.  Maybe it was just me?

Edit:  Not everyone gets closed for the pic.  They seem to 'pic' and choose who they will target.  Same with Facebook.  Some have 10 accounts and I get my one account closed for using a false name.  In both of these cases the problem was solved when I fixed the issue.  Bottom line:  Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

komments
Posted
Posted

"looking for friends that could tell you about the area" is outside the purpose of the site. One of the "chatters" complained. That's my guess.  

I can go with this, I mean, what would a Car Salesman think, if you keep going into a Car Sales establishment and kept asking about Car Rental? I guess he would complain to the owner! so out the door you go.

Probably talk me into a lease.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought each of the conversations ended in a friendly manner.  What the heck did I do wrong - 

Mr "K" have a look at the rules for this site look into 'usage' and there I feel you will find what you may have done wrong. You admitted you were married and this particular site is against Adultery. i know  what you are trying to do would not in your mind be Adultery but....... 

http://www.dateinasia.com/Terms.aspx

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Good morning Komments :morning1: ...""Filipino/Filipina Friends & World Friends"" (type this in your search box in FB. It will give you about 58k friends/members (not sure how many are active as with all "groups" anyway), although there's going to be lots of Tagalog and Bisaya exchange, you will have your choice of people to connect to without the worry of borrowing a dating site for reasons outside it's intent.

I think you will mostly find a younger crowd, but in time if you are there a lot, some older Filipinas/Filipinos will friend you there and get the ball rolling at that point. I hope this possibility will fit into what you are looking for.

• Like 3