Booking Philippine Airline's Fun

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Well this has been entertaining. First time trying to book on Philippine Airlines. Got all the way through to pay for the booking online only to have it say my bank declined my Credit Card. So call the bank and they have no record of any attempted purchase. Tried again, double checked input numbers and then had wife recheck before submitting again. Same thing, bank denied card. Called bank again, no transactions attempted and there is a not that we are trying to purchase.

Called the booking reservations number for Philippine Airlines. Took 25 minutes to give all the information. On hold while they process the VISA card transaction was another 10 minutes. So the whole on phone process took 35 minutes. Then was told the ticketing office in USA was closed and the transaction would not be processed untill tomorrow.

:1 (103):

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah the joys of online booking. I have had similar experiences here in China with a range of airlines and online booking agents. Some airlines are worse than others. Have found Cebu Pacific particularly frustrating. My preferred method is "book and hold" where one makes the booking online and then has a time period in which the payment can be made either at the airline office or by bank transfer. This may not be an option everywhere but it works well in Beijing.

Out of interest do you make online bookings frequently in the US? If so does your experience with domestic airlines differ?

Their US office being closed reminds me of a friend's experience. He was trying to sort out a booking problem with an online booking agency (no names no pack drill). The final part of the exchange went as follows: Agent "I'm sorry we can't help you at this time since our West Coast [uSA] office is closed." My friend "Don't give me that rubbish. You're all in the same office in Makati."

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

That issue with Cebu Pacific is why I always fly Tiger. Given airlines need for revenue/passengers you'd think they'd sort this kind of thing out pronto. I guess they don't pay the staff enough to care.........

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I have had similar problems with Cebu Pacific and PAL. Now I use KAL and never have any problems.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well this has been entertaining. First time trying to book on Philippine Airlines. Got all the way through to pay for the booking online only to have it say my bank declined my Credit Card. So call the bank and they have no record of any attempted purchase. Tried again, double checked input numbers and then had wife recheck before submitting again. Same thing, bank denied card. Called bank again, no transactions attempted and there is a not that we are trying to purchase.

Called the booking reservations number for Philippine Airlines. Took 25 minutes to give all the information. On hold while they process the VISA card transaction was another 10 minutes. So the whole on phone process took 35 minutes. Then was told the ticketing office in USA was closed and the transaction would not be processed untill tomorrow.

:1 (103):

Let me ask you if you have your card registered with Visa or MasterCard for online verifying of transactions where a pop up appears for you to put your password in? This is done through your bank or where you got the card from.  Look HERE if your not sure what I'm talking about or info from my bank HERE but yours should have the same.  Also read from PAL's website as to why your transaction could fail below....................

The Payment Processing System of the PAL Website uses the 3-D Secure Technology of MasterCard (Mastercard SecureCode), Visa (Verified by Visa) and JCB (J/Secure). If the Card Issuer is not enrolled in either of 2 international credit card companies' security program, there is a great possibility the credit cards issued by the Issuer won't be accepted by our automated processing system due to Internet transaction security concerns. 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

The above explains why maybe I have had the same problems.

I just presumed that because I was booking outside of Philippines Cebu Pacific Airlines would not do promo discounts!

Edited by Kuya John

jon1
Posted
Posted

I had similar problems with my Visa Card (not Verisign registered as Navy Federal doesn't use that yet). So now I have to use a travel agent if I need a Cebu Pacific flight.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Tip...when in the States, use Korean, Eva Air or one of the other major Asian air lines.

When booking flights while your in the Philippines......................use a travel agent :thumbsup:  :cheersty:

RBM
Posted
Posted

I had similar problems with my Visa Card (not Verisign registered as Navy Federal doesn't use that yet). So now I have to use a travel agent if I need a Cebu Pacific flight.

I have never had a problem with Cebu Pacific, we use an international credit card for local and Asian flights.

Do understand a common problem is when one enters their address on line it must be exactly the same as credit card address.

If patience ( my GF) there are some out standing bargains on line. How ever with Cebu Pac one needs short legs and pray the front seat don't lean back.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Never had a problem with my Visa Debit card booking Cebu or Tiger or any airline, either in the PI or Aust, mind you my Visa credit card for some reason won't work even after my bank say's there is no problem with the card and must be the website.