Balikbayan Boxes!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Good morning All, I made a reference in another Topic about BB boxes and customs. I thought in view of this it would be timely to update members memories and the regulations on shipping BB boxes.

I  have it on Good Authority, (family member Customs officer) that suggests that customs are going to be taking a better look at the shipments arriving, not only at this time of year but......... it would seem that higher up officials think along the lines that the BB Box privileged is being abused.

Linked is the Current page on this for all to see. It is a Good page and can be expanded on a lot of other information.

AS Expat's, I am sure we would all want to be one 'step- ahead' where we can. especially when we get rule changes and as happens, tightening of existing rules, where they were relaxed.  

Merry Xmas everyone and if you were/are expecting BB Boxes, get tracking.  :thumbsup:

http://customs.gov.ph/faqs/balikbayan-boxes/

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

We know that in the past the BB Boxes were used to smuggle everything from weapons to motorcycles (broken down). The web site info got me curious about the privilege. It states that you can only send one BB Box every 6 months. I wonder if this new tracking system they have http://customs.gov.ph/balikbayan-box-tracker-101/ will be used to track that?

Edited by jon1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We know that in the past the BB Boxes were used to smuggle everything from weapons to motorcycles (broken down). The web site info got me curious about the privilege. It states that you can only send one BB Box every 6 months. I wonder if this new tracking system they have http://customs.gov.p...ox-tracker-101/ will be used to track that?

They will be  like kids with new toys for a while, give them a few months of Cock-ups and they will get fed up and go back to Status Quo 

One has to wonder of course how much normal stuff they were not looking for will go missing ?

Just a thought.

JP

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife's family just got their Christmas BB box box about 3 weeks ago (a 2 month trip for delivery). Everything was accounted for.  We put a detailed list of the contents on the inner flap of the box to cross check. I don't know if this or anything is a deterrent for the sticky fingers in customs but it all worked out fine using Villamayor.

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

I know a woman who lives in Carcar who has relatives who work in Customs in Manila.  They send or deliver expensive imported make up to her for resale.  Corruption is ramped throughout the Philippines.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

A long time ago 2010 I sent a total of 50 BB here . I got them all but some stuff was broken because of rough treatment . I hopefuuly can get more stuff sent here, like a battery powered weed eater.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
like a battery powered weed eater.

For something like that which you do not use often, we wait until the city workers come by with their gas weeder cutting the grass on both sides of the street, we call them in and get our lawns done front and back for 100p. I think the guy gets 160p per day from the city. The grass on the street sides grows at the same rate as our lawns do. Everyone is happy.

• Like 1

Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

For something like that which you do not use often, we wait until the city workers come by with their gas weeder cutting the grass on both sides of the street, we call them in and get our lawns done front and back for 100p. I think the guy gets 160p per day from the city. The grass on the street sides grows at the same rate as our lawns do. Everyone is happy.

I live in the country and am building a Park in my back yard and I prefer doing my own lawn . But thanks .

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I live in the country and am building a Park in my back yard and I prefer doing my own lawn . But thanks .

If you have a large area, I think you will be disappointed with a battery powered weed eater.  Better to get a corded one and a couple of long extensions, or gas powered.

That said, I was thinking about getting a battery powered one for my very small lawn, and they had a few at the new HMR store here in Subic.  They are all returns / overstock from the US and I didn't look at them carefully.  110 volt too.

You might find some on Sulit:

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/65274486/Ryobi+Line+Trimmer+18volts+Rechargeable?referralKeywords=trimmer&event=Search+Ranking,Position,2-14,34

• Like 1

Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

If you have a large area, I think you will be disappointed with a battery powered weed eater.  Better to get a corded one and a couple of long extensions, or gas powered.

That said, I was thinking about getting a battery powered one for my very small lawn, and they had a few at the new HMR store here in Subic.  They are all returns / overstock from the US and I didn't look at them carefully.  110 volt too.

You might find some on Sulit:

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/65274486/Ryobi+Line+Trimmer+18volts+Rechargeable?referralKeywords=trimmer&event=Search+Ranking,Position,2-14,34

very kool ! I already have a lawn mower but for edges and other stuff weed eat is needed. We have a small back yard walled in but then our Park area is 150'X300' .Putting in a Gazebo area and building a BBQ area. Then I have put in already an orchard w/ about 150 fruit trees. A lot of Filipino fruit, 25 grapefruit trees, 12 Calif orange , Filipino oranges, avocado, bananas, papyas. .pineapples and limes & lemon trees.Thanks for the info ... 

• Like 3