Pain Killers

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A local Doctor may do a house call and prescribe something appropriate for the woman. It would cost more but she would get a safe drug and you would not be at risk in any way.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever used to treat moderate to severe pain.  Buy Paracetamol/Tramadol for 15 pesos (when the low cost ones are available) at Generika Pharmacy.  The brand name for that painkiller is Dolcet which you can get for 50 pesos at Mercury Drugs.  Two tablets kills any moderate pain for a 200 pound man.  I would not give anything stronger without a doctor's advice.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replys, guess should of added.

My first thoughts were a doctor of course, sadly they flatly refuse to do house calls. Secondly this dear old lady refuses to speak to a doctor, flatly refuse to allow us to bring her to the local hospital. My GF has pleaded how ever she is set in her ways.

Jack has given me an excellent idea, thank you, I will have my GF bring the medication ( thanks Dave) to the local Captain and request him to have the barangay administer the medication. Further will try again speaking to the local hospital ( for want of a better word) and try get some advice, last time was useless.

Jack thanks your concern and yes good advice.

She should not be permitted to suffer like this , my guess is she has very little time left.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
request him to have the barangay administer the medication

This is a great idea as a Tramadol overdose can be fatal according to Google (although I do not know of that happening).

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replys, guess should of added.

My first thoughts were a doctor of course, sadly they flatly refuse to do house calls. Secondly this dear old lady refuses to speak to a doctor, flatly refuse to allow us to bring her to the local hospital. My GF has pleaded how ever she is set in her ways.

Jack has given me an excellent idea, thank you, I will have my GF bring the medication ( thanks Dave) to the local Captain and request him to have the barangay administer the medication. Further will try again speaking to the local hospital ( for want of a better word) and try get some advice, last time was useless.

Jack thanks your concern and yes good advice.

She should not be permitted to suffer like this , my guess is she has very little time left.

just be careful in all of your actions. there is no such thing as a "good samaritan law" here. All good deeds will be punished. Let the flogging begin! :)

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it depend on the type of pain she is sufffering from ? At her age it may just be arthritis / joint pain and an anti-inflammatory might work better than a straight up pain killer to relieve it. 

Tramadol has zero effect to relieve my neck / joint / back pain which crops up from time to time, however Diclofenac works great (5 pesos for 50mg in Mercury). 

Edited by deevey

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Wouldn't it depend on the type of pain she is sufffering from ? At her age it may just be arthritis / joint pain and an anti-inflammatory might work better than a straight up pain killer to relieve it. 

AHHHHHHHHH! and there lies the problem,

Age not verified!

Pain not known ( she denies it apparently)

Shunning Medical assistance will not help her in anyway at all.

We non of us have  enough Knowledge, Information, (on this poor soul) Medical training or even social Contacts to deal with this

Best left to the professionals. I am sure RBM will do his best and I hope he will let us all know how it turns out. 

Morning All.

JP :tiphat:  :morning1: