47 A 2 Requires Exit Clearance ?

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi there.

I am no under the above visa in the topic however it has been about a year since I left the Philippines.

I just received the visa last week due to my employment but was wondering if I should visit the BIR to do the exit clearance

crap that I had to do before or since my visa was upgraded it would not be a requirement.

Does anyone know ?

Thanks!

Neil

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm assuming you mean BI (Bureau of Immigration), not BIR (Bureau of Internal Revenue). The acronyms get confusing.

I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer here. This is a special work visa issued by the DOJ that doesn't fall in either visa category (tourist or immigrant/non-immigrant w/ACR card) that requires the exit clearance before leaving the country. I recommend calling or visiting a BI office and ask them. It may not be definitive but I think that's the best you can do. 

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I just received the visa last week due to my employment but was wondering if I should visit the BIR to do the exit clearance crap that I had to do before or since my visa was upgraded it would not be a requirement.

:unsure: Hmmm Shol, you are going to hate but ....... I don't think the BIR will help, you may have more luck with the BOI  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you need an ECC it will be stamped on your passport in small print.  To be specific, tourist visa get the small print stamped there when they go for the 6th month renewal.  If yours is not stamed then you should still contact BI to be sure.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You can also ask on the BI Facebook page, usually quick replies. https://www.facebook.com/aksyonimigrasyonnimison

Shol
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if this visa that I am talking about here is considered a resident visa ? they are giving me a hard time about it at HSBC to get a local visa credit card. 

They said if it was 9g I would be good but mine is the peza version and she is saying it doesn't count. 

Am I wrong to think it should be ok for gettign a credit card since i am here working locally and a resident technically and paying taxes etc.

I could try and fight it

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Am I wrong to think it should be ok for gettign a credit card since i am here working locally and a resident technically and paying taxes etc.

find another BANK.

or if you have a  friend who is a HIGH VALUE Client of HSBC that can speak to the bank manager on your behalf that may help

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They said if it was 9g I would be good but mine is the peza version and she is saying it doesn't count. 

Shol .you have me confused here, you talk about Visa's and Residency yet you show the Philippines national flag as your country of birth?   

Come on matey, help an old man out here.  :unsure:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
find another BANK.

Agreed.  The banks give credit cards to people they like, regardless of the circumstances, and use circumstances to justify refusing a credit card to people they don't like.  Such has been my personal experience anyway.  I would suspect that you rubbed someone the wrong way or did not have enough of a deposit to make them sit up and take notice or just said something that raised red flags.

So as was said, try another Bank

• Like 1