My Pinay's Uncle Is A Pastor - And He Offered To Arrange All The Paperwork

EUAsia
Posted
Posted

Far as I have read, even a marriage for God comes with a shipload of bureaucratic paperwork, but on the other hand it seems to be a legal marriage at the same time. Not sure if I care much about a legal marriage, what are the benefits, if there are any? I just like to offer my Pinay a church wedding (I'm not having any religion myself) as a little confirmation of our love and the cherry on our cake of love.

If this pastor has a network good enough to 'arrange everything' even bypassing the issues that I don't have a birth certificate available, that my income may not need the reqierements, what may I expect from such a semi-legal (?) marriage?

Does it happen more often that multicultural weddings are organised locally?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

can you expand on the situation a little EU?

bows00
Posted
Posted

Why all the rush? Why don't you take the time to do it right? I mean, you only get married once - how hard would it be to get your birth certificate? It was quite easy for me to get mine. If you are really serious, I wouldn't cut any corners you might regret later.

One of the biggest benefits is that you would be able to buy real estate and you will have the opportunity to leave her with a house when your long gone... assuming you are older than her of course..

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If this pastor has a network good enough to 'arrange everything' even bypassing the issues that I don't have a birth certificate available, that my income may not need the requirements, what may I expect from such a semi-legal (?)

Can't see it myself, Semi Legal Nah, either it is Legal or not for me.Obtaining the Marriage License requires a Birth Certificate. purchasing your Marriage Contract requires a Birth Certificate, In fact if my memory Serves me right, 5 or 6 things you need to do require a Birth Certificate. depending what Country you are from, Your CNI application will need a Birth Certificate and your CENOMAR From the NSO will need a Birth Certificate. If this pastor can bypass all this, What is it going to cost You? 

Think about what will happen to your Wife if it is found she has a bogus marriage?

My Friend, Eer on the Side of caution here,The RP is to a degree, getting it's Act together, If your Lady is the Right one, She will wait. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:

jon1
Posted
Posted

I think that the Pastor is out to make some extra money. The foreigner needs his birth certificate (which can be ordered and sent to you, I ordered mine and got it in 6 days from California), his passport and an affadavit of legal capacity to marry from his embassy. I paid $50 for the affadavit, and $95 for the expedited copy of my Birth Certificate. She needed the NSO CENOMAR, her birth certificate and we had to get a family seminar brief certificate. The whole process took 3 weeks which during that time the wife worked on the wedding ceremony with a wedding planner. All of this has to be done whether its a church or civil wedding. I didn't do the church wedding but am sure that it would also require some kind of "counseling" and or "donations" to the church. 

A bogus marriage is not something to entertain. Once the wife finds out you will be in dire straits if not dead. 

The biggest benefit for me was that I can pass on legally my assets once I die, to my wife. The other one was the Balibayan Privilege stamp that saves me almost $600 per year.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Not sure if I care much about a legal marriage, what are the benefits, if there are any?

So you are only doing it to have a happy wife?  Then do whatever makes her happy.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Something just doesn't smell right about this. I have found when someone here offers to help out by getting around the rules, there is usually a cost involved. Also I always try to remember that I AM THE foreigner here. I always try to play strictly by the rules. Weather it be my drivers "another forum". building permits, what ever. As perceived rich guys, if we break the rules we open ourselves up to extortion or worse. What small infraction that might be ignored if a Filipino does it, you can bet your bottom dollar that we will get nailed with it.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If there is garbage on the street, people will add to it, it will get worse and never end. If the street is clean, people will think twice about littering.

If you add to the current corruption here, it will get worse and never end.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just my $.02 worth ..... there are hundreds of cases of foreigners circumventing the legal marriage requirements of the Philippine Government and many have disastrous results from fines to being deported .... sometimes these marriages are not discovered until years later and you and your partner are established and happy with your lives and then BOOM the bomb drops .... recently several judges were caught preforming illegal weddings from bribes paid to them and they went back years .... invalidating most of these marriages .......  sometimes the parties are not a wear these are illegal and sometimes they are but all end up with the same results ....

To me it is just not worth the risk of getting deported just to expedite any legal proceedings here in the Philippines .... even to please the little woman .... but to each his own .... JMHO  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but on the other hand it seems to be a legal marriage at the same time. Not sure if I care much about a legal marriage,

Hmmmmmmmmm Well, maybe just maybe, The lady is not Actually free to marry? going around the houses could be a way to get a Bigamous marriage that you may never know about :no:  Until Toooooooo late.

The Pastor man would have to do both paperwork, Odd how many Skeletons can be hidden in one Cupboard.  :unsure:

EU can I be bold/cheeky and ask, how long you have known this lady? 

Please don't think we are all Negative here, We are Actually being very Positive on your behalf  :thumbsup:

Jp :tiphat:

• Like 3